Summary / Description
We are currently seeking a motivated, career oriented Junior Configuration Manager to join our team in Annapolis Junction, MD to begin a challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The Junior Configuration Manager (JCM) shall be responsible for implementing, configuring, and auditing the proper configuration controls are in place for software development, deliverables, COTS Products, and documentation. The JCM shall check for SDLC compliance for each Release to include requirements, build, test, and deployment. The JCM shall work with the development teams to ensure good engineering practices are followed to include Peer Code Reviews.
- Perform duties as a member of the Configuration Management (CM) Team.
- Work closely with individuals and groups to resolve problems, analyze alternatives, negotiate differences, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously using project management tools while holding staff responsible for delivering quality products and services in a timely and efficient manner.
- Communicate and work effectively across organizational lines, resolving differences among offices and individuals, and explaining key management and administrative policies and procedures.
- Maintain the integrity of work product configuration items throughout their life cycle. Our configuration items include the hardware, software, firmware, and documentation.
- Identify and document the functional and physical characteristics of a configuration item.
- Make sure all documentation is to a level of detail sufficient to reproduce the system changes needed for operation, maintenance, repair and replacement.
- Assist in efficient management of system changes or information for such useful purposes as to improve performance, reliability, or correct defects.
- Maintain integrity and traceability of configuration items.
- Code migration and Continuous Integration from development, test, and production to ensure continuity throughout the Agile and Software Engineering Life Cycle (SELC).
Bachelor's degree and 2 years experience or equivalent
Good communication skills
Good understanding of the Development Environment
Good understanding of the Test Environment
Good understanding of the Production Environment