$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Boise, ID 83702
Less than 5 years
Posted 55 days ago
Data Visualization Specialists are responsible for turning abstract information from data analyses into appealing and understandable visualizations that improve business insights from the results of the analyses. They are creative thinkers who understand user interface design and apply visualizations skills such as user experience design, data visualization and graphical design. Individuals in this role understand how information is turned into knowledge and how this knowledge supports and enables key business processes. They must have a good understanding of data access requirements for business analytics and exploration. Also required are analytical skills, the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, as well as an innate curiosity around wanting to understand business processes, business strategy and strategic business initiatives to help drive incremental business value from enterprise data assets.
• Works on smaller, low to moderately complex technical tasks that require a singular area of expertise.
• Works as a project team member.
• Brings basic understanding of data visualization techniques in developing business analytics requirements.
•Gain knowledge of business processes and build data domain expertise.
• Collaborate with data engineers, analysts, and subject matter experts to identify useful and strategically relevant insights.
• Work closely with team members, business users, vendors and delivery teams to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and design of business analytics and reporting solutions.
• Conceptualize, design and develop data visualization solutions that synthesize data concepts into clear communications for key business stakeholders.
• Follows prepared test plans and system documentation to test implementation of business analytics enhancements, modifications, and new releases.
• Conducts testing to ensure business analytics solutions meet user specifications.
• Drive adoption of data and insights-driven business decision making processes and analytics-enabled business process innovation.
• Demonstrate a strong sense of visual design and interest in creative visualization work and possess a drive to learn new tools and new ways of visualizing/displaying data and insights.
• Show strong team building and creative thinking skills, and a desire to "make a difference".
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or other related field. Or equivalent work experience. Typically requires 3 years of experience in developing business analytics solutions, focusing on requirements gathering and effective visualization of insights.
Valid Through: 2019-9-20