Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 236 days ago
Be part of something exciting. Do you want to take control of your future? Are you ready for the responsibility of working with high profile clients in the federal space? Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of a dynamic company that gives you a direct stake in its success? If you do then join us as a Junior Business Analyst. We are looking for talented individuals with a keen eye in business analysis and testing skills.
We are looking for a junior level business analyst with 3 years of experience working as a business analyst and testing large scale software applications, and demonstrated ability to work in a virtual team environment. This position is Fairfax based with minimal travel required to client site
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Support impact analysis and business requirements phase, ensuring the delivery of quality business requirements
• Manage/Support internal and external requirement sessions with project stakeholders, impacted business areas, and technical teams to understand and review/document the high-level impact of proposed enhancements
• Thoroughly document details of all impacts by ensuring alignment with project scope and objectives
• Develops and maintain detailed user, business, program, and performance requirements for the development of software applications.
• Identify and facilitate the development of creative solutions that meet the client’s needs and/or provide growth opportunities for the team
• Execute adequate life cycle/release planning that demonstrates strong understanding of the scope of work, resources required to complete all tasks, sound assumptions, and clear understanding and recognition of risks involved
• Identify risks/issues and escalate to project management and client, as required, including mitigation strategies and contingency plans
• Supporting system testing activities including test preparation, ensuring test cases and scripts cover all requirements and design specifications. Writing automated and manual test cases and test scripts based on requirements and user stories.
• Executing test cases manually or using automated test tools and supporting User Acceptance Testing and Validation Testing efforts.
• Proactively bringing issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing
and implementing innovative solutions to solve them
• Logging defects, testing/retesting defects, tracking progress and results and reporting status to the project lead.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Complete end-to-end knowledge/experience in SDLC phases, including UI design experience
• Experience writing system requirements, UI design and testing documentations.
• Experience conducting/participating in design sessions
• Experience working in waterfall and Agile SDLCs.
• Thorough knowledge of the entire SDLC, testing methodologies and their direct implementation to projects.
• Ability to work with team of Business Analysts. Testers and Developers to ensure full coverage of business requirements and the ability to provide estimates on various SDLC tasks.
• Experience with various testing phases and approaches: functional, regression, integration and end to end.
• Hands-on experience in Software Testing and thorough working knowledge of developing, maintaining, and executing test scenarios and test cases
• Hands-on experience in developing automation scripting
• Experience with QA and testing using Agile methodology
• Experience testing browser-based/web applications
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Team player with ability to work in a rapidly changing environment utilizing good time management and prioritization skills, while maintaining high quality and being flexible to customer needs and timelines
• Grants management experience a plus
• Experience w/ Section 508 is desirable
• Familiarity with one of the database and SQL, such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL,
Document DB would be a plus
• Knowledge of automation tools, such as Selenium Web Driver, Visual Studio Quality
Tool a plus
• Self-motivated performer with a desire to work on a project team, learning and testing software features
Position ID: J0318-2425