GDIT has an opportunity for a growth oriented and execution-focused professional to help drive our Department of Homeland Security business area. These business areas currently serve the DHS agencies.JOB DESCRIPTION
We are looking for a talented and experienced Backup Engineer to join an IT operations project, Hosting Services team to support DHS USCIS. The candidate will provide backup-engineering support for large enterprise in an agile environment. Candidate will be responsible for design and execution of flexible backup solutions hosted on-premises and in the cloud.
This position works under the general guidance of the Hosting Services Task Lead and Lead backup engineer, in an Agile. DevSecOps fast-paced, rapidly changing, collaborative environment, and requires strong troubleshooting and analytical skills, strong critical thinking, complex problem solving, appropriate judgment, and decision-making skills.RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Design, build backup, restore solutions of databases, VM's, and file systems.
- Lead a team of engineers supporting backup and restore operations
- Guide and help junior engineers supporting backup operations
Required Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
- Help the task Lead and Project managers in planning. Work with program and technical staff in all aspects of daily work.
- Monitor operations and collects and evaluates metrics to manage storage services and for inclusion into project KPIs and Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Fully engaged in the implementation of a DevOps practices for supporting IT
- Monitor and support the operational availability, with backup and restore operational needs of all the systems hosted on the infrastructure
- Help task lead and management in planning and building windows infrastructure supporting COOP & DR plans
- Support information assurance process in a technical role by complying with technical controls, technical checklists etc.
- Assist and mentor junior members on the team
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 years prior relevant experience, additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- 3 years' experience in backup administration support for large-scale environments.
- 3 years' experience installing and configuring backups
- 3 years of experience writing scripts with a scripting language
- Working knowledge of advanced backup tools
- 2 years of experience with AWS On-Premise and AWS migrations
- Working knowledge of data base backup and restore on NetBackup, Backup Exec, and VEEAM
- Experienced in AWS, AZURE, Google Cloud Services, and other Cloud environments
- Familiarity with on-premise or Cloud to Cloud backup migrations
- Familiarity with Agile, DevOps practices and ITIL processes
- US Citizen with DHS Public Trust suitability clearance/EOD
- Experience with any DHS agencies or entities
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS
- Candidate must be an US citizen, and able to obtain DHS Public Trust clearance and USCIS EOD to start work
To succeed as a candidate and within this role, you will need to:
- Demonstrate proven experience (with tangible outcomes and results), a can-do attitude, an ability to influence internal and external customers, and a leadership and communication style required to lead a diverse and dispersed team.
- Embrace and embody GDIT's of Commitment, Impact, Integrity, Imagination, and Agility.
The position is based in GDIT's Falls Church, Virginia headquarters, with expected travel to current program locations and new business opportunities across the country.Travel is primarily local travel in the DC metro area for the current portfolio but could potentially expand to both national and overseas locations as the portfolio grows.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.