Job Description Summary
Responsible for the thorough review of in-houseloans and pre-submission reviews of externally underwrittenloans and ensuring that allloans are underwritten according to agency andinvestor guidelines. Promotes excellent customer service and related activities, andworks with Management,LoanConsultants, Client Coordinators and Closers.
JUMBO UW RESPONSIBILITIES
-Responsible for providing quality and consistent underwriting of mortgage loans, focusing on highly complex loans, to ensure compliance with appropriate company standards.
- Assess the borrower(s) ability to repay, including validation of the borrower(s) employment, income, credit, assets and collateral as well as clearing any applicable underwriting conditions.
- Complete reviews of loans that will be underwritten as a prior-approved loans with the company’s investors and providing feedback to Client Coordinators and Loan Consultants.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all agency and investor underwriting guidelines and credit overlays.
- Provides high quality customer service, including underwriting to the companies service level expectations.
Education and Experience
-- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 10 years’ of experience in the mortgage/finance industry, and 5-7years’ underwriting experience
- Experience underwriting Jumbo Portfolioloans with full working knowledge of Appendix Q, ATR as well as QM and Non-QM lending preferred.
- 3years’ experience manual underwriting
- Minimum of $1,, signing authority required
- 5-7years Front Line production underwriting
- 5years of full practical knowledge with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guidelines
- Must fully understand Complex Jumbo Loan transactions
- Possesses comprehensive working knowledge of subject matter.
- Automated underwriting software required
- Must be highly proficient in reviewing and analyzing all levels of individual and business income tax returns.