Join CSRA and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges.
The Joint Service Provider (JSP) program is searching for a Firewall/Load Balancing Engineer to join their team in Arlington, VA. T
he Joint Service Provider (JSP) program provides a full range of information technology products, services, solutions and customer support to the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) and the Joint Staff (JS), the Director of Administration (DA), the Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA), the Washington Headquarters Services (WHS) and other various OSD offices to meet mission and business requirements.
The purpose of the Firewall Engineer Lead is to optimize firewall operations and assurance to keep the network safe and operating at an acceptable speed to ensure safety and availability. In addition, the Firewall Engineer Lead must have extensive knowledge of firewall monitoring and rule assessments.
One function of the Firewall Assurance Program (FAP) is that it offers direct insight into the health of JSP firewall infrastructure. Proactively seeking deficiencies amongst our perimeter defenses can increase situational awareness to the organization and with proper remediation can decrease the attack surface area of adversaries. By actively seeking, identifying, and eliminating these flaws, firewall assurance is helping provide a more complete perimeter protection of the entire enterprise. For these reasons, Skybox is a crucial part of FAP.
Also, Skybox can provide Just-in-Time (JIT) documentation via logs. This is a conducive feature for regulatory policies compliance in cases where regulations require proof that specific measures are in place, and data is protected by effective business controls. Firewall assurance reporting provides evidence to show that firewalls are correctly configured and vulnerabilities are not exposing data. Thus, Skybox supports this documentation as well.
As a Firewall Engineer Lead you will:
- Be skilled in configuring and utilizing network protection components (e.g., firewalls, Virtual Private Networks [VPNs], network Intrusion Detection Systems [IDSs])
- Have knowledge of the common attack vectors on the network layer;
- Be skilled in data parsing and knowledgeable on how to troubleshoot and restore servers and appliance to a fully operational state;
- Knowledge of basic system administration, network, and operating system hardening techniques
MANDATORY Job Requirements:
- BS degree; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- 6+ years of experience with Network protection techniques and technologies
- Extensive experience with firewalls, VPN and IDS
- IAT Level II certification
- Juniper/Cisco Certification
- TS/SCI clearance