The Technical Writer edits, writes, or revises technical articles, publications, presentations, and other materials to communicate clearly and effectively research findings, technical developments, and other news and information to a wide range of external audiences.
- Researches highly technical subject matter.
- Organizes information from multiple sources, and expresses technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
- Prepares reviews, edits, and maintains program technical documents, including software and systems engineering documents, CONOPS, test reports, user documentation, implementation documentation, etc.
- Interprets and administers documentation/ communication policies and procedures.
- Advises writers and researchers in matters of style, syntax, and usage to improve the general quality and effectiveness of communications.
- Exercises quality control over documents intended for external distribution.
- 0-5years experience
- Associates Degree or 4years? work experience
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with eligibility for CI Poly
- Experience in assisting the development and delivery of plans assessments, reports and briefings in support for Logistics and Property Management Business Process activities
- Experience in assisting with the development and delivery of plans, assessments, reports and briefings dealing with capitalized property acquisitions
- Experience assisting supply change management reviews and audits
- Experience writing trip reports
- Experience with IT Asset Management regarding development of software asset inventories and the development of requirements
- Experience writing acquisition documentation
- Experience in non-SETA contract administration activities
- Experience in preparing, organizing, coordinating and managing briefings for the government
Desired experience with one or more of the following based on assigned task area:
- IT and Managed Service Provider Acquisition
- Commercial Hardware and Software Acquisition and Licensing Processes and Tools
- Supply Chain Management
- Property Manuals and Processes
- Service Level Agreements
- Earned Value Management
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity