Vinli’s team is transforming the mobility industry via our next generation data intelligence platforms. Our passion is building products and services that unlock the true value of connected cars by showing drivers, passengers and organizations the potential hidden within their vehicles' data. We were founded in 2014 and are backed by some of the biggest names in transportation (Cox Auto, Samsung, Continental) venture capital (First Round Capital, Westly Group) and energy (E.ON). We are partnered with some of the largest players in the mobility industry – including ALD Automotive. And remote work has been a successful part of our cultural DNA since long before 2020. Future members of our team should be intellectually curious, self-starters whose work history demonstrates the courage to create and the maturity required to bring products to market.
- Develop user and business-facing applications designed for scale and performance using technologies such as Node.js, Go, and Python.
- Understand and utilize Vinli’s public and internal sets of RESTful APIs.
- Build and maintain highly scalable backend systems using a microservices architecture.
- Research new technologies; provide ideas for technical and/or workflow & process improvements.
- Participate in a collaborative and continuous code review process; the whole team is responsible for knowing and ensuring code quality for the entire project.
- Working closely with QA and DevOps teams to make sure your code flows smoothly through testing and deployment to production.
- Continue to take responsibility for code after it is deployed to production.
- Keep pace with daily code releases to production.
– Mandatory Qualifications
- We want to see a portfolio of applications you have built that clearly demonstrates your coding proficiency, eye for quality, understanding of security, and attention to performance. Preferred sources: Github profile, public blog, etc.
- 0-5 years professional experience in software development and architecture
- Comfortable with two programming languages.
- Some experience developing web applications
- Preference for code that is clean, modular, and well-tested
- Experience with RESTful API principles and working knowledge of common authentication & authorization practices
- Experience with RDMS and NoSQL databases in production
– Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor of Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent experience as demonstrated via a Coding Test and your portfolio of work
- Experience with some subset of Go, Node.js, Python
- Experience in the production, deployment and horizontal scaling of web applications
- Vue.js, React, Ember, or Angular
About Our Ideal Candidate
- You thrive in challenging environments that require collaborative problem solving
- You prefer to spend your time coding and collaborating, not in meetings
- You take pride and responsibility seeing the product you worked on meet the real world for the first time
- You are capable of independently prioritizing your duties and still work well with a team
- You can both accept and provide thoughtful, respectful constructive criticism