Candidates for this position are software engineers with strong programming skills who demonstrate curiosity, continuous learning, and an ability to adapt. Ideal candidates have a diverse knowledge and a wide variety of interests, especially in cellular / wireless communications. Hands-on experience in embedded software development is also beneficial. Our products are developed to very high standards of quality and reliability and you will be expected to learn and conform to the department’s software process during all development activities. You will have the opportunity to create proof-of-concept and low-volume specialty communications products for government and private industry.
- Develop solutions for real world systems and standalone products to enhance existing Applied Technology offerings.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary product development teams.
- Perform duties in all areas of development (i.e. requirements analysis, high and low-level design, coding, model training and evaluation, documentation, real world testing, and validation).
- Hands-on interaction with product hardware for developing and debugging.
- Excellent understanding of real-time embedded software design and be proficient in Linux, C, C++, Python and other software languages and operating systems.
- Agile software development and/or Git/JIRA experience is a plus.
- Flexible, results-oriented problem-solver who requires minimal supervision. Projects can vary greatly from one to the next, so you must thrive on variety and enjoy taking on new challenges.
- Willingness to learn one or more wireless communication standards (GSM, CDMA, UMTS, LTE, iDEN, Tetra, etc.).
- Ability to meaningfully communicate with members of all engineering disciplines (Hardware, RF, Software, FPGA, etc), as well as management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's (BS) or Master's (MS) degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, or related technical field.
- Experience programming in C, C++, and/or Python.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contract. Some contracts may have higher-level clearance requirements.