Polaris Alpha (“Polaris”) provides advanced technical capabilities, specialized domain expertise and mission critical solutions to Department of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. The Company has approximately 1,300 employees with major offices in Colorado Springs, CO, Fredericksburg, VA, Annapolis Junction, MD, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, and Alexandria, VA as well as customer sites both domestically and internationally.
Our Space Operations Division is passionate about making America the undisputed leader in Space because we understand that ensuring our nation’s security for future generations depends on it. Polaris creates game changing space solutions by teaming highly respected subject matter experts with brilliant technologists. Do you enjoy solving challenging technical problems? Does furthering our nation’s goals in space intrigue you? This may be the position for you.
Tasks will focus on the development and enhancement of Java based enterprise applications which support the Space Situational Awareness and Command & Control missions. You will have the opportunity to participate in the design and development of a real-world, mission critical Space Situational Awareness system which is changing how the Space community is doing business. You will be involved in the implementation and support of the core SOA infrastructure and other critical application functionality, as well as the integration of third party services into the system.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline with less than 3 years of software development experience
• Java/JEE development skills
• Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycles
• Knowledge of Web Services
• Experience in object-oriented analysis and design techniques
• Experience using and designing Service Oriented Architectures
• Experience with Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools (e.g. Subversion, Maven, Git, etc.)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative and distributed team environment
This position requires the selected candidate to obtain and hold an active Department of Defense security clearance which requires US citizenship while working in support of a government contract.
• Experience with Enterprise Service Bus technologies
• JEE Application Server development experience (e.g. Weblogic, JBoss)
• Experience working with relational databases and SQL (especially Oracle)
• Current TS security clearance with DCID eligibility is highly desirable
Polaris Alpha and its Companies are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.