The Junior Software Developer shall serve and shall fulfill the responsibilities listed below in the spirit of The Navigators calling, values and purpose: To advance the Gospel of Jesus and His kingdom into the nations through spiritual generations of laborers living and discipling among the lost.
The Junior Software Developer is responsible for the maintenance and support of Navigator software applications, web sites and micro services.
- Code, install, test, debug and document software applications.
- Code will be written in alignment with the Navigator coding practices which are right-sized to the functional specification and code supportability as determined by the Software Development Manager.
- Provide inline code comments describing business logic in each major section for clarification and supportability.
- Provide thorough local unit testing of the functionality affected by the code changes and perform local functional regression testing of the whole application.
- Provide thorough regression testing of the application in the staging and production environments after migration to ensure the whole application is functioning as designed.
- Assist with design, development and updating databases for software applications.
- Provide production support for Navigator software applications
- Collaborate with business analyst to provide excellent customer service and support.
- Participate in development events such as Navigator on-site events, Cultural Development and Diversity trainings or other non-Navigator developmental events as appropriate.
- Read spiritually and culturally developmental books and literature.
- Participate in the annual, organizational Plan and Progress Review (PPR) process.
- Submit expense report as needed due the 15th of each month.
- Additional job-related duties as assigned.
- Belief in and adherence to the Statement of Faith and Mission of The Navigators.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 1+ years equivalent work experience.
- Pursuing appropriate Microsoft certifications is preferred.
- An understanding of object-oriented coding methods and best practices.
- Excellent written, oral, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into emerging software technologies and programming languages.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.