The Jr. Software Developer will be part of an agile development team, developing marketing email templates and building enterprise grade software systems on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack. Developing high quality solutions across multiple platforms (web, mobile, tablet, etc.) with guidance and direction from other members of the front end development team. Reporting to the Team Leader-Software Development, the duties and responsibilities of the Junior Software Developer are included, but not limited to:
- Collaborate with Marketing and Design to create responsive design email templates.
- Develop solutions within the functional specifications while maintaining high standards of software quality
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain business applications.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Design, develop, and test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Collaborates and adds value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Assist with the packaging and support of the deployments.
- Evaluate the competitive landscape and research Software Development trends as it relates to our business and future platforms.
- Partner with our Product Owners and Development teams to ensure technical feasibility and flawless implementation.
- Work with teammates in the migration of existing legacy code to current technologies and standards.
- Develop, refine and tune systems.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Provide third-level support to business users.
- The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of email best practices, platforms and client behavior
- Experience designing for desktop & mobile platforms using responsive design
- Experience with graphic development software (Photoshop, ImageReady, Illustrator etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of software development throughout the entire lifecycle
- General working knowledge of source control and release management best practices
- Basic Knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Understanding of MVC
- Microsoft .NET development is a plus
- A general understanding of e-commerce
- Requires a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of experience as a Front End Developer or relevant University level experience
- Bachelor's Degree required. An emphasis in Computer Science is preferred