What will you do?
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs based on technical configurations developed by analysts and project teams. Estimates and tracks time required to complete work, for project budgeting and financial tracking.
- Develops program designs to meet technical configurations, ensuring that resulting systems will operate efficiently and reliably. Understands business function supported by the application to encompass within design framework. Ensures design integrates with other related systems.
- Codes programs using various programming languages as appropriate.
- Tests and debugs programs to finalize and ensure smooth operation.
- Documents program design, coding and other details to guide others in application development, use and maintenance.
- Supports, updates and maintains existing systems in response to business needs, system problems or other factors. Coordinates with project teams to design, code, test and document system changes.
- Coordinates with project team members to define application requirements. Identifies business needs, assesses available technologies and develops and presents solutions.
- Provides high level of customer service, partners with end users in the resolution of problems or in deployment of new applications.
What do you need to succeed?
- Familiarity with applications development process.
- Excellent problem solving skills required.
- Excellent customer service and business relationship building skills required.
- Ability to work independently and within teams.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including ability to translate technical subject matter to non-technical audiences.
- Experience in Java/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Tomcat
- Experience in developing relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server) and Structural Query Language (SQL).
- BA/BS in Computer Science (or related field) and/or equivalent work experience
- Experience in handling raw image data or image files strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of AngularJS
- Familiarity with AWS
- Knowledge of system monitoring tools like AWS Console, SumoLogic, and NewRelic