The Project Manager leads or manages a portfolio of moderately-sized projects with standard complexity, a single project of significant complexity or some combination thereof. The position collaborates with and coordinates across function and business segments and ensures project alignment with business objectives and strategy. He or she manages resources as applicable (capital and, often, people) to achieve project objectives on time, within scope and on budget. Responsibilities include the overall planning, facilitation, prioritization and delivery of projects in a manner aligned with expressed stakeholder expectations and needs. Additonal responsibilities include updating team and appropriate leadership on project status and risk factors and participating in process improvement and other efforts to drive best-in-class program delivery.
- Project Initiation:
- Meet with the sponsor and stakeholders(s) to develop the Project Charter.
- Assist in development of the project Statement of Work and preliminary Scope Statement.
- Project Planning:
- Develop and/or contribute to the Project Management Plan.
- Facilitate and manage resource planning, cost estimation, budget development and cost control.
- In collaboration with more senior project personnel and/or appropriate management, recruit, interview and select staff and/or volunteers with appropriate skills for project activities.
- Create work plans that identify and sequence activities for successful project completion.
- Ensure that project team members receive appropriate organization and project orientation.
- Develop a project schedule that effectively allocates necessary resources.
- Plan and execute project communications ensuring timely and accurate information distribution, documentation and issue resolution.
- Review project schedules with management and impacted staff, revise as requested or required.
- Project Execution:
- Ensure consistency and adherence to Sonic Healthcare standards, processes and policies.
- Manage the identification, resolution and escalation of project risks and issues.
- Utilize project management tools and forms to document project activities.
- Ensure that project files are properly maintained and kept confidential.
- Project Monitoring/Controlling:
- Review completed work with team members and stakeholders to ensure adherence to quality and achievement expectations.
- Monitor progress and recommend or make necessary adjustments to ensure successful completion.
- Implement proper change control processes, when needed.
- Ensure deliverables are on time and within budget.
- Evaluate project outcomes as established during the planning phase.
- Project Closure
- Update lessons learned, project files and closure documents.
- Create project transition to support documentation.
- Meet with sponsor and stakeholder(s) to obtain project acceptance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel at least 75% to interact with division personnel and/or attend meetings or educational tranings
- At least three to five years of successful project management experience.
- Familiarity with the Project Management Institute (PMI) Guide and the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Experience with and knowledge of the use of Project Management methodologies and tools.
- Demonstrated experience in leading high performance functional and/or cross-functional work teams.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, assess and develop contingency plans for risk factors.
- Demonstrated ability to establish team-member expectations, delegate effectively and ensure an integrated and seamless approach to project execution.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including writing, presenting, listening, and team/group facilitation.
- Familiarity with automated project management software tools.
- Functional competencies include significant elements of Budgeting, Change Management, Client Management, Methodology Approach and Business Life Cycle, Mission /Vision/Strategy, Project Planning and Organization, Risk Management.
- Ability to work proactively with business sponsors and partners to identify and implement solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to meet project budget, timelines and requirement targets, and manage variances.
- Demonstrated project and/or team leadership skills.
- Able to problem-solve and think out of the box to generate creative recommendations and solutions.
- Able to work effectively with multiple levels and disciplines.
- Ability to work across the organization to obtain and allocate resources to ensure on-time project completion.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field (preferred) or equivalent experience.