KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As member of the S&T Metalcasting Additives team in the US, the individual contributes with his own technical work on the development of new products/solutions/formulations based on the project pipeline of the Metalcasting Additives BU US
- Conducts literature and IP landscape evaluations in support of assigned projects
- Contributes ideas and comments to proposals, plans and other research development activities.
- Performs tasks/ projects of a limited scope under limited supervision in the lab; demonstrates ability to work independently.
- Interprets, evaluates, and communicates research data and results for research projects.
- Contributes data/ findings for use in scientific documents, or oral/written presentations.
- Write Invention Disclosures/Reports, drafts IP and assists in prosecuting patent applications.
- Attends technical conferences, presents research papers and publishes research papers in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to communicate impact of technical data in scientific audience.
- Demonstrated analytical, project management and new product/process development skills.
- Highly organized and able to work well with colleagues at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent “teaming” skills. Able to work effectively as member on cross-functional teams and projects.
- Skill in the use of computerized spreadsheet, relational database, word processing, drawing, plotting and process diagram software.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
MSc or Ph.D. in Materials Science, Engineering or physical chemistry (preferable). Expertise in materials science, clay technology or in metalcasting (foundry) application (prefferable).
No research experience in case of a PhD or at least of 3 years industrial R&D experience in case of MSc.
IMERYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/IWD/PV