*****The Java Developer Opportunity is for direct hire without sponsorship opportunity.*****
- J2EE Developer is responsible for defining the information technology systems architecture.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, peer review, and operations
- Critical thinker, withexperience prioritizing and negotiating several competing efforts, maintaining productivity through numerous context changes
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge and experience designing and developing applications and reusable components using J2EE technologies, SOA architecture, Application servers (including but not limited to Jboss)
- Strong relational database skills in MySQL/SQL Server/Oracle or PostgreSQL
- Experience in developing application using various XML technologies.
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture (SOA) deployments with ability to design applications.
- Experience in Java technologies: JMS, MDB, JPA (Hibernate), and servlets/applets/JSP
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise Messaging/Integration Patterns
- Experiencewith Test Driven Development
- Demonstrated aptitude to quickly and effectively adapt to technologies outside of current experience.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work extra hours and adjust schedule and recognize the need to do so.
Nice to haves:
- Experiencewith high-volume, real-time applications
- JBOSS 7+/Wildfly
- Proficiency in PostgreSQL (PL/pgSQL)
- Working knowledge of big data applications
- Understanding of MicroService Architecture
- Knowledge of Build, Ship, Run Any App Anywhere – Docker
- Apache Camel and Apache ActiveMQ
- JSON, SOAP, REST services
- Build Management tools (Maven, Ant, SVN, GitHub, Hudson)
Prior experience in a similar technology environment
At least 1 years in application development
Java 5.0 and newer versions, J2EE, XML, Postgresql, Subversion, Open source components.