Blackstone Federal is looking to hire a Jr. Full Stack Engineer / Platform Engineer in the DC area. As a member of a high-performing team, the engineer will provide Linux administration, and will design and implement innovative Cloud, DevOps, Automation, and Container solutions in a fast-moving, cutting edge government client environment. The right candidate will be a self-starter, a problem solver, and preferably demonstrate familiarity with AWS, Linux, orchestration tools, and Docker. The project is focused on providing web content management as a service, migration, containerization, CI/CD, and automation, using all open-source technologies.
- Assist with O&M for a multi-site cloud system
- Work with clients, project leadership, and other tech team members to design and implement systems management tools and processes
- Assist with developing technological strategy for cloud and container architectures
- Present ideas for improvements based on business and technical understanding
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must successfully complete a stringent Background Investigation and obtain the required Government Security (Active DHS clearance is a plus – U.S. Citizenship is a requirement).
- Must be comfortable and confident with Linux/Bash
- Some exposure to Docker
- Experience with Git and a CI/CD pipeline
- Ability to communicate through multiple mediums
- Ability to produce architectural diagrams
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Demonstrates very good written and oral presentation skills and outstanding client-interaction skills.
- Thinks creatively and demonstrates the ability to work independently on a complex task with little direction, supervision, and management oversight
- Highly motivated, a self-starter, and able to work alone or in groups
- Experience with some scripting and automation, preferably Python and Ansible
- Familiarity with basic networking concepts
- Experience with Drupal or other content management frameworks, as well as MySQL
- GoLang, Java, or knowledge of other programming languages is a plus
- Hands-on experience in AWS, supporting a Production system, or a successful migration AWS certification(s)