The Network Engineer I assists with the installation, maintenance and support of the network to ensure the smooth operation with maximum performance and availability for customers. This role works with both voice and IP technology. Acts as a resource by providing networkengineering, operational support and project support for Sonic Healthcare’s convergednetwork. Oversees the company's internal data communications systems. Plans, designs and implements local and wide-area network solutions between multiple platforms and protocols. Analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves network related issues. Analyzes and tests all elements of the networkinfrastructure. Designs secure networks and establishes standards based on business objectives. Performs upgrades to hardware and software as required
- Maintains standard network designs for each SLA classification.
- Maintains standard router configuration.
- Develops, documents and implements standard processes and procedures.
- Creates road map recommendations to Network Team.
- Works closely with Network Vendors to keep up to date on new products and EOL products.
- Employs basic understanding of network administration as related to business operations
- Operational Support:
- Provides tier 3 support for all Sonic Healthcare Business units.
- Assists team members in resolving Network/Telecom issues.
- Works with otherInfrastructure teams to provide the best support possible to each business unit.
- Mentors other team member on technology and problem resolution.
- Works with vendors to provide support required to meet internal SLA’s
- Serves as backup for team members during paid time off.
- Monitors network to ensure universal availability.
- Monitors status and performance of network facility components.
- Identifies, diagnoses and resolves problems of limited scope and complexity
- Basic knowledge of and ability to manage the day-to-day delivery of satisfactory network services to customers.
- Documents the crucial working procedures of network operations.
- Project Support:
- Works with project managers to meet expectations for Network tasks.
- Completes project tasks and assignments to meet project deadlines.
- Contributes to own team and closely related teams through quality and accuracy of output.
- Builds productive relationships with team members, clients and othernetwork/system stakeholders.
- Establishes working relationships with others outside area of expertise.
- Interprets and analyzes results versus established benchmarks and goals.
- Reports measurement results in actionable form to more senior personnel and management.
- Special Projects:
- Participate in process improvement projects
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED and 2+ years’ experience.
- Basic knowledge of system development methodology, project management, system architecture an analytical/problem solving skills.
- Must be able to balance high quality standards with schedule pressures and demanding environment.
- Must be a resourceful self-starter, flexible, pro-active, solution-oriented and customer-oriented.
- Working knowledge of technologies such as MPLS, TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, QoS, SIP, H323, Wireless.
- Demonstrated success with engineering and project implementations.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Experience with ticketing and monitoring toolset.
- Understanding of ITIL concepts.
- Experience with Cisco enterprise voice platforms.
- Basic knowledge of network performance and troubleshooting techniques.
- Basic knowledge of network related hardware and software.
- Basic understanding of security issues and implications for network solutions.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of how the Internet works, and the associated interdependency of protocols.
- Basic knowledge of network concepts, technologies, tools and philosophies, and the ability to design an organization's networkinfrastructure and services.