Verisk Analytics has an amazing story to tell. In 2016, Forbes magazine named Verisk Analytics to its World’s Most Innovative Companies list and to its America’s Best Large Employers list. If you’re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us.
At Verisk, you can build a rewarding career with challenging and meaningful work; create a positive, lasting impact on the business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. Our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business-casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies, and an excellent benefits package.
Verisk Analytics is a leading data analytics provider serving customers in insurance, natural resources, and financial services. We’ve been delivering data, analytics, and decision support services to our customers for more than 45 years. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
Verisk Analytics IS&T team is currently seeking a Jr. .Net Developer who will be accountable for application development supporting business objectives while demonstrating junior-level expertise in software development lifecycle phases from concept and design to testing.
- Work on new and existing applications along with enhancements to websites, web applications, and infrastructure.
- Performs hands-on coding and assists in the architecting web based solutions.
- May serve as a liaison to internal customers, research groups and various business support areas.
- 0-2 years of proven experience in software development and system maintenance.
- Ability to learn and adapt to continuously changing technology.
- Clear understanding of Object Oriented Programming, and Data Structures
- Experienced at developing elegant-yet-simple systems using best practices and design patterns
- Familiarity and understanding in many of the following technologies: Core C#, ASP.Net MVC, NUnit and Moq, LINQ, NHibernate or Entity Framework, Spring.Net, Continuous Integration, JQuery, CSS, AJAX
- Must have passion for development and latest technologies
- Eager to learn new skills and take ownership of projects
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain mid-level to complex applications.
- Participate in design and technical meetings
Job ID: 20171010-10141-MGV