Our Research Director, will create Gartner research and analyses, communicate their insights to our clients, both in writing and orally, and he or she will support sales globally as Sales works sales opportunities and strives toward client retention. The Research Director’s research, writing and speaking work must provide valuable insight, predictions and actionable advice to our clients in the field of Data Quality as it relates to the development of a strategy, organizational guidelines, planning and technologies. Moreover, the Research Director will support the broader Data quality and related topics for the relevant Data and Analytics agendas.
In addition to the prospective analyst’s understanding of Data Quality and the relevant environments and architectures, but to future proof against new emerging and disruptive technologies.
- Conduct research and analyses centred on subjects such as Data Quality, Data Governance, Staffing and process implications, and required competencies,
- Cover the specified subjects pertaining to Data Quality and solutions and contextualize them for adjacent areas of research(such Enterprise Information Management (EIM), Data Governance, Data Integration and Master Data Management), while maintaining a view across a broad spectrum of the technology markets. Use this knowledge to write innovative, thought-leading, impactful, analytically-deep, fact-based research.
- Lead the Gartner’s research processes by identifying critical questions facing Gartner clients and crafting appropriate research methods to address them. Provide in-depth analyses based on client input and personal experience. These types of client interactions can represent up to 60% of the job.
- Drive client demand for Gartner’s research about Data Quality and Data Governance.
- Be known as a leader for a specific body of research (e.g., Data strategy and Quality centres of excellence.)
- Use your research to develop and deliver compelling presentations to large and small audiences at Gartner conferences and in client situations.
- Assist Sales to sell and then retain clients on topics covered by the Analyst's extended team.
- Peer review research of other analysts. Assure accuracy, consistency and timely research reviews.
- Lead or participate in research communities to discuss research issues and collaborate effectively with peers.
- Perform other duties commonly assigned to senior analysts (e.g., special research projects)
- 10—15 years of experience with at least 5 years as data and analytics senior manager or executive. Must previously have held a senior leadership role within a business or technology field related to Data Quality.
- Bachelor's Degree or advanced professional qualification(s)) in a D&A field. Proven record of academic achievement at highest level. Publishing experience a plus. Master's or earned Ph.D. in a business or technology discipline will give the candidate a distinct advantage.
- Significant experience in a D&A industry discipline and deep knowledge of a particular D&A field, industry or role; deep understanding of both technology and industry that includes D&A vendors, products and end-user strategies.
- Exceptional and articulate communication skills; ability to explain complex ideas simply and effectively. Good story teller.
- Exceptional analytical skills; ability to apply conceptual models, recognize patterns, draw and defend conclusions with peer analysts and clients.
- Strong project planning, leadership and management skills.
- Strong team-working ethos.
- Exceptional skills in influencing others.
Job ID 00020304