Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease. Our extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, imaging catheters and software, vessel closure devices and peripheral stents.
This position will be located in our Temecula, CA office.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Jr. Customs Trade Compliance role reports directly to the Customs & Trade Compliance Supervisor, and is accountable for engaging all aspects of the company's Trade compliance operations with an emphasis on Import/Export compliance and department operations while ensuring the utmost compliance with U.S. Import and regulatory requirements related to 19 CFR and 15 CFR and established internal policies and procedures. Including providing direction for the development, administration and enforcement of policies and procedures related to Abbot's global trade compliance program.
The Jr. Analyst's primary responsibility is to conduct audits/assessments of Abbott's sites to evaluate compliance with relevant government and corporate policies/procedures; formulate recommendations for improvement in operating performance and controls, ensuring that proper and timely corrective actions are implemented. In addition, the Jr. Analyst will analyze import/export data and trends to identify areas of potential risk for the corporation; and establish/strengthen internal control requirements. The Jr. Analyst will also be the owner of the data related to classifications, COO, FTA, and licensing.
Must have ability to work efficiently, while possessing excellent organizational and planning skills and the capacity to simultaneously handle a variety of complex matters under the pressures of a deadline
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Maintain up to date knowledge of export, import and trade requirements as stated under Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Maintains awareness of changes to ITAR, EAR, OFAC, and other applicable government regulations associated with trade compliance. Work with Corporate Trade Compliance, advises and trains employees,
- Oversee/monitor/assist in the preparation of required customs export documentation, including AES filings, (originating from the US to multiple global accounts) in a highly time sensitive environment from various data sources
- Assign Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) to products/items being imported/exported and maintain the IML (Item Master List) including providing diligence memos with each new classification.
- Intermediate understanding of export control classification process (ECCN#), export licensing, EEI Electronic Export Information) compliance and determine applicability of free trade agreements as defined by US customs and border protection and as applicable maintain company’s: Assists reporting, Drawbacks, FTZ program, CTPAT Security, CTPAT Trade Compliance program, and Drafts and submits appropriate license applications such as DSP-5s, TAAs or MLAs.
- Monitors and collaborate with the company’s Customs Brokers/Freight Forwarders for Customs Clearance of imports
- Analyze, organize, assess, track, shipment/product related information necessary to comply with customs reporting requirements or department metrics to identify and suggest areas for improvement.
- Act as a central point of contact for communicating shipment status for customers that require specialized monitoring, reporting, or dedicated Trade Compliance functions (i.e.: problem solving).
- Maintain compliant recordkeeping as outlined within company procedures.
- Assist in conducting internal audits.
- Provides information for Legal and internal investigations.
- Assist in the creation of internal Import/Export Compliance policies and procedures.
- Provide company-wide import/export operations support and training.
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills with an attention to detail.
- Self-starter, adaptable, works independent, able to work complex issues across programs, functional teams and time zones; possess high ethics and have a demonstrated record of working successfully in a time-constrained environment.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelors Degree (± 16 years) ( Preferred )OR an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 3 years
- Minimum of 3-5 years - Related experience: Export/Import Compliance (specifically CBP, EAR, FTA, USMCA etc..)