The Junior Art Director (Jr. AD) must have a basic understanding of FCBH departmental procedures, such as routing, print production protocols, usage rights of stock images for layout, etc. Daily responsibilities include working with a junior copywriter to generate and execute creative concepts from design through finished product. Work must adhere to client’s marketing strategies and objectives, meeting deadlines within budget on client projects. The Jr. AD reports to a more senior person on the creative staff and assists that person on larger, more complex projects.
Creation and Execution
Develop smart, single-minded ideas that are on strategy. Works collaboratively with creative partner. Learns to focus on the idea first, then the execution. Maintain proper layout and conceptual execution throughout all phases of campaign.
Perform basic layout in sketch and/or digital formats for assigned project that is complementary to tone and style of copy
Understand marketing plans including objectives and strategies and how success will be measured. Contribute innovative ideas appropriate to the client marketing strategy.
Collaborate and communicate with team members in a productive manner to ensure goals are being met and to attain/maintain creative vision outlined for the agency
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic Thinking :
• Helps perform research (general lit searches as well as specific topic research) via internet and other resources.
• Assists copy partner in analyzing and interpreting data from clinical studies, presentations, and published papers; and looks for graphic opportunities to present data.
• Develop general medical knowledge in therapeutic areas of primary accounts.
• Contributes innovative ideas appropriate to the client’s marketing strategy.
• Develops understanding of audience needs (e.g., physicians, patients, sales reps) and targets designs and creative styles to appropriately meet them.
• Performs basic layout in sketch and/or digital formats for assigned project that is complementary to tone and style of copy.
• Understands and implements agency/client review and routing systems; makes revisions to agency copies, identifies problems or inconsistencies, solves problems by reviewing with supervisor/account services.
• Participates with creative and brand team to develop multiple concepts/campaigns for assigned products/projects.
• Must be able to develop a range of creative executions for each project and be able to effectively collaborate with copy partner to ensure that words and image work together to support the concept.
• Logically organizes content material from a range of sources to create a compelling narrative/story flow.
• Ability to adapt concept to all mediums.
• Participate in creative rumbles as daily responsibilities allow.
• Communicates with team members at all times regarding deadlines, revisions, quality control and new work.
• Collaborates with team in a productive manner.
• Takes direction from Art Supervisors.
• Works with and benefits from colleagues and vendors, including illustrators, photographers, retouchers, science bureaus, computer design staff, editorial department, audio engineers, film editors, integrated producers, creative technologists, user experience architects, production managers, medical directors, marketing strategists, and account executives to ensure highest quality product within specified deadlines.
• Is deadline-oriented and organized.
• Oversees creation of rough concepts for presentation.
• Makes sound, timely decisions regarding need to change work in progress and reports them to supervisor; solves problems within areas of direct responsibility.
• Work with copywriter to support creative approaches to communicate Brand personality and messages for both the overall campaign and individual materials.
• Demonstrates full understanding of Vantage/billing process and timely reporting of hours.
AREA OF STUDY
Advertising/Visual Communications, Graphic Design or Related Discipline
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
• Portfolio of work (school/spec work is fine), demonstrating strong conceptual capabilities and strong sense of design.
AREA OF EXPERIENCE
No Experience Required
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Adobe Creative Suite
Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
Develop smart, single-minded ideas.
Is attentive and shows interest in the subject; Expresses ideas clearly.