Integrity Applications Incorporated (IAI) is a unique and exciting software and systems engineering company headquartered in Chantilly, VA with additional offices nationwide. IAI has been selected as one of the best companies to work for in America by The Great Place to Work Institute, and we've been recognized as one of the top employers in the DC Metro area by Washingtonian Magazine. IAI's value lies in our ability to deliver the depth and breadth of our experience, culture, and technical acumen to our customers' most challenging issues, and we are looking for innovative, energetic, and talented people to join our team of highly skilled professionals and engineers to help us in this endeavor. IAI offers challenging work, competitive salaries, an incentive bonus program, and top-notch health and welfare benefits for you and your family.
The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) next-generation operational Earth observation Program that acquires and distributes global environmental data from multiple polar-orbiting satellites. The JPSS Program plays a critical role to NOAA’s mission to understand and predict changes in weather, climate, oceans, and coasts environments, which supports the nation’s economy and protects lives and property. The ideal candidate will have experience in JPSS data product engineering and services, including with GRAVITE, AMP, and FTS operations, GRAVITE software engineering, calibration/validation, and working with the JPSS external stakeholder community. May perform independent work of significant technical value for Government and industry customers. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and a team player with excellent oral/written communication skills. The candidate will represent IAI in a variety of forums and interact regularly with senior government personnel.
- Conduct technical and engineering services and leadership to GRAVITE, AMP, and FTS operators
- Conduct GRAVITE software engineering and data quality engineering support
- Provide systems engineering support for GRAVITE, AMP, and FTS, in coordination with JPSS Program and Ground Project
- Provide science support for JPSS algorithm reviews, algorithm management, calibration and validation
- Provide support to JPSS Program Science activities, including Proving Ground and otherrisk reduction activities.
- BS in meteorology, atmospheric science, remote sensing, physics, or related field (MSpreferred)
- 5+ years’ experience in meteorological algorithm implementation and assessment
- Knowledge of satellite environmental remote sensing software product development and generation
- Knowledge of satellite environmental remote sensing flight systems as they are relevant to science data product processing
- Familiarity with calibration/validation and support to environmental satellite scientists
- Science Software Engineering
- Understanding of the use of satellite data in weather, oceanic, and environmental applications and operations
- Science Communication
- Configuration Management
- Computer languages including C++, perl, Python, or Fortran
Security Requirements: Must meet security clearance requirements