Join our DCGS-A engineering and sustainment services v3 sustainment team. The v3 sustainment team provides the SEC all system specific necessary functions to complete their critical PM DCGS-A sustainment support activities. Types of support provided by the team include Engineering Management, Scrum Management, Test/Quality Assurance Engineering (T/QAE), and Technical Writing.
The team supports all system specific development areas inside the Distributed Common Ground Station-Army v3 baseline including the following types of artifact solution development: Architecture, Infrastructure, Software, Database, Web, and Software. Solution development occurs within the SEC PPSS software development lifecycle. Additionally the team is responsible for communicating with field support elements to resolve critical issues in a timely and effective manner. As a part of this team, your work efforts will contribute to the maintenance of the mixed-use data centers and standalone development environments supporting integrations, testing, and cybersecurity of the DCGS-A family of products. Bottom line we build, implement, and maintain software tools and system environments used for delivering new IT solutions to the U.S. Army.
As a DCGS-A v3 System Engineer, you will work as a system specific subject matter expert for the DCGS-A v3 systems under sustainment. You must communicate and collaborate to resolve issues with Field Support Engineers, the Development support team, and PM to further evolve the DCGS-A v3 systems development environments. Specifically, you will:
- Load and configure baselines, train current software baselines, assist with hardware evaluations, as well as evaluations of new developed software prior to formal IV&V testing.
- Assist the system specific development teams with loading of software baselines on current and future hardware.
- Support the transition of software and hardware environments from the PM to the Depot.
- Provide IaaS and PaaS support for the Fixed system development organization
- Operate in a hybrid virtualization environment working with VMware ESXi, vCloud, and standalone systems,
- Enhance existing automation environments and streamline provisioning.
- Maintain and monitor hardware and infrastructure systems primarily consisting of standalone Dell servers, blade compute, Netapp storage, and Cisco networking
- Participate in cross-functional teams and help debug system issues across the infrastructure
- Assist in research, selection and implementation of virtualization and storage solutions
- Assist the system specific development teams with the development of documentation for software installs on multiple hardware baselines and provide back to the lab manager
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other Engineering or Technical discipline and 7 years of professional work experience is required (10 total years of experience without the degree)
- At least 1 year of experience with either DCGS-A v3 or DCGS-A Fixed
- At least 1 year of experience with either VMware ESXi or VMware vCloud
- At least 1 year of experience with one or more of IAVA, WSUS, SCCM, Altirus, or Puppet
- Demonstrated experience working in a virtualized DoD environment
- In-depth working knowledge of Fixed supporting operating systems (Microsoft Windows 7, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, RH Linux, others)
- RHCSA or other related Linux certification
- MCSE or other related Microsoft certification
- CCNA or othernetworking certification
- VMware Certified Professional VCP5.x-DCV
- Demonstrated experience with software developers or Lab Management operations
- Demonstrated experience with virtualization in a DoD environment
- Direct DCGS-A Fixed experience in AFG/IRAQ
- Familiarity of project management principles
- DCGS-A V3.X FSE Course
- Direct experience with multiple storage technologies working in tandem i.e. NETAPP, Hitachi, and flash based SAN