The Journeyman Cloud Engineer will be responsible for working within systems, cybersecurity, and development teams to establish, advise, and monitor how security controls are implemented within a cloud environment. With a minimal degree of risk, the candidate will help to maintain security guidelines by leveraging risk, design, and operational requirements. The candidate must have experience with security on cloud-native and hybrid systems and experience with multiple cloud service providers. Duties and responsibilities involve architecture review, implementing, and monitoring controls using compliance tools and manual reviews. This position will support DevSecOps, Data Science, and Analytic Teams operations, and will follow specific IT project management processes.
- Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent experience with 3-5 years’ experience in the Cloud Technology field
- Design and implement cloud-native and hybrid architectures
- Work alongside the cybersecurity teams to produce and maintain security documentation
- Provide high-level briefings to a non-technical audience on architecture and risks
- Conduct market research, best practices, and security engineering concepts
- Apply DISA STIGS and NIST and other compliance standards
- AWS or Azure Cloud Architect Certification
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems
- Knowledge of enterprise networking technology
- Expertise in IAM, AD, SAML, Multi-Factor Authentication
- Familiarity with SDN, VPCs, Transit Gateways, and Cloud APIs
- Knowledge of VMWare Hypervisor, Containerization, and MicroServices
- Experience with IaC using tooling such as CloudFormation and Terraform
- Experience with scripting using languages such as Python
- 8570 IAT Level II Certification and relevant Computing Environment Certification
Security Clearance Requirements:
- May be asked to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- May be asked to move Audio/Visual or Computer equipment weighing up to 50 pounds across and/or around a business campus or large facility.