In addition, Journey Managers act as the "front door to digital," acting as both a main point of contact into the digital organization for the High Net-Worth (HNW) Pod and for the business. The is a two-way communication, with the Journey Manager bringing industry digital best practices and knowledge of internal digital capabilities to partners as well as helping those partners navigate the digital organization.
Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
- Establishes the business priorities for the audience by working with client segment teams, business groups and senior leaders.
- Develops the audience journey experience, including channel plan, with knowledge of key investor and/or intermediary audience segments and the KPIs that will be most critical to achieve business objectives. Works closely with product pod counterparts to achieve joint goals and inform a learning agenda for input into subsequent journeys.
- Maintains a key client-facing role along with senior marketing managers.
- Drives the development of the go-to-market strategy and ensures journey plans are digital-first, on-strategy, on-time and on-budget. Partners with other teams (content, research, analytics, delivery teams, etc.) and agency partners to deliver based on plan.
- Lead the establishment and the delivery of the joint score card for the target audience.
- Provides expertise on digital marketing best practices, testing and optimization and drives results in planning and managing end-to-end audience campaigns. Evolves and iterates customer journey plans via an analytical approach – driving daily use of metrics and in-market feedback to identify types of data needed, design tests, and understand/synthesize statistical analysis.
- Ensures excellence by staying current with digital innovation and trends to deliver high-quality journey experiences and to recommend process improvements to enhance the organization's competencies. Responsible for performing advanced use cases in MarTech tools (e.g., Journey Builder, self-serve reports via adobe stack such as Analytics and Audience Manager).
- Oversees the sprint planning process including ideation, prioritization, and alignment of work to be executed during the current and future sprints. Manages disciplined test brief creation for prioritized tests and overall test design.
- Working in partnership with creative leads, develops and executes effective and break-through audience-specific and/or brand-building communications.
- Drives channel best practice execution, optimization and partnership with functional leadership. Ensures consistency and quality of user experience for given client segment
- Defines, manages and allocates budgets to achieve audience journey objectives
- Serves as primary liaison for advertising agency of record to ensure targeted strategies and business goals are met. Oversees management of agency roster, budgets and quality of agency deliverables for individual campaigns and projects.
- Selects, develops, coaches and maintains an effective team.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of foundational digital marketing topics (e.g., SEO, SEM, tagging, triggered emails), channels (paid, earned and owned) and experience in advanced marketing tactics (e.g., real-time decision-making, personalization at scale, including relevant key drivers and KPIs/measurement).
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of operationalizing innovative audience journey experiences, strategies and programs, with a strong grasp of audience insights/analysis including how insights are being used effectively to deliver a holistic customer experience. Exhibits knowledge in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting the department/business area
- Prior team leadership experience required; demonstrates ability to effectively plan and manage the work of others.
- Demonstrates ability to influence groups and/or more senior associates; exhibits sound judgement in resolving matters of high complexity with superior communication capabilities
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate and develop/maintain strong business relationships
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Economics or related field required, MBA is a plus.
- A minimum of 5-8 years' marketing experience required; prior experience within financial services and/or investment management is a plus