This position has just been filled.
Join TheLadders now for access to 28 open jobs.
CSI is looking for a business development director for a growing, innovative 3PL. We are looking for someone with 7-10 years of business development experience in a third party logistics company. The qualified person will also have recent exposure/experience in selling LTL. This person must have experience in solution-sales and they must be familiar with a long sales cycle (average sale can take about 9 months from the start date). This person must have experience in cold calling C-Level prospects, setting their own appointments and closing business with them during a face to face meeting. This person would be working remotely and we are open to where this person physically lives (ideal locations would be North Carolina, South Carolina, Nashville, Atlanta, Memphis, Knoxville, etc.).
Business Development Director
Department or Area: Sales - non management
Company: non-asset, 3PL, Main customers are focused on LTL domestic
Initiate and conduct sales calls on potential new accounts; generate new business by closing on accounts
- Initiate and conduct sales calls on potential new accounts; generate new business by closing on accounts
- Prepare presentation material outlining Company’s logistics services and present to potential new accounts
- Execute sales call plans and other sales strategies that increase sales pipeline and increase new landed business
- Recommend continuous improvement ideas for Company’s sales strategies
- Manage relationships with clients to ensure customer satisfaction through implementation; maintain relationship with clients after implementation to secure referrals
- Efficiently utilize sales-related information technology and its applications (Salesforce, Data.com, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
Knowledge (K) Required
- of transportation/logistics industry
- of customer, customer product, and distribution of product
- of carrier tariffs, discounts, and authorities
- of commodities as stated in NMFC guide
- of carrier distribution system
- of company policies and procedures
- of accounting processes
Ability (A) Required
- to conduct complex negotiations
- to close deals
- to convey professionalism, enthusiasm, flexibility, and integrity
- to influence others and build relationships
- to exercise excellent written and mathematical skills
- to exercise independent judgment
- to demonstrate effective decision making skills
- to demonstrate leadership skills
- to establish good organizational skills
-to exhibit effective problem solving skills
- to work well under pressure
- to communicate effectively
Education and Experience Required: Bachelor’s Degree;
7-10 years working in a sales role within a 3PL
Must have recent experience selling LTL
Keywords: 3PL, third party logistics, LTL, less than truckload, less then truckload, TL, logistics, supply chain, business development, sales, shipping, transportation, solutions
Be the first to hear about new career moves - before they're filled.
As a member of TheLadders, you'll have access to:
If you’re looking for your next career move, you won’t find a more comprehensive resource anywhere.
Join TheLadders today.