Chief Executive Officer
Hiring Company Industry:
Retail / Grocery
Number of Employees:
100 - 1,000 Employees
- Base Salary:
Board of Directors
New York City, NY
The luxury food retailer, DEAN & DELUCA, is searching for a visionary U.S. focused CEO with a proven executive leadership track record to be based in New York City. The ideal candidate’s core competencies must embody the ability to empower organizational change, develop new strategies for customer reach and conversion, cultivate knowledgeable luxury customer service, and must have a hands on approach to management. Additionally, the candidate must possess a deep appreciation and understanding of luxury food and the business sector's future direction through both brick and mortar as well as eCommerce growth.
A successful leader will show experience in as well as have access to a proven network of leaders with the following core competencies:
- Deep understanding of what drives luxury food sales.
- Successful execution of training and product knowledge development.
- 21st century vision for brick and mortar retailing through the effective implementation of customer centric technology.
- Ability to craft a customer experience that is second to none from initial interaction well beyond transaction completion.
- Strong business leadership skills with balanced fiscally responsible management.
- Understanding of design and programming as well as how to develop a physical experience that drives revenue and energy.
- Philosophy of strong ROI results for all decision making.
- Passionate critical and creative thinking skills with a foundation based on execution and delivery.
- Strong execution mentality; “get stuff done;” efficiently develop and implement processes to achieve desired results.
- Effective “boots on the ground” approach.
- Bias to act; use intuition to identify and solve problems quickly.
- Lead by example; influence others; foster teamwork; champion change.
The CEO will receive market-competitive compensation package (including base salary, annual performance-based bonus, and upside participation), commensurate with candidate’s experience and qualifications. In addition, comprehensive benefits are provided with a relocation package tailored to candidate’s situation. Significant travel to operating locations will be expected.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO will be involved in directing the US operations of the brand. Although responsibilities will be diverse, for the first 90 days the CEO’s efforts are expected to initially focus on the following:
- Drive cultural change based around food, product knowledge, and customer service.
- Develop or retool sales channel experiences in all sectors including eCommerce, brick and mortar, catering, direct sales, and corporate sales.
- Create and execute accountability plans throughout the organization.
- Reprogram product assortments and offerings to meet customer demands.
- Drive profitability through sound ROI and business focused decision making.
Skills and Experience
- Ten years of executive experience in similar food based operating leadership role.
- Access to a network of industry colleagues who will lead departmental changes within the organization.
- Track record of successful strategic implementation.
- Strong bias to action including specific experience in driving organizational projects/efforts to successful completion and achieving deadlines.
- Keen and detailed analysis skills, including the ability to review and understand detailed financial/operating information, quickly ascertain key learnings, and develop actions to drive improvements.
- Experience and a willingness to work directly with employees at all levels.
- Demonstrated communication skills in working with third-party business partners, such as suppliers/vendors, banks, professional service firms and/or other external parties.