Business Information Services Research Manager
Hiring Company Industry:
Number of Employees:
- Base Salary:
- Bonus / Commission:
Eligibility for bonus
New York, NY
Williams Lea is a leading global business process outsourcing (BPO) organization. We specialize in Corporate Information Solutions that re-engineer end-to-end business processes. We combine consultancy, unique expertise and the latest integrated technology to develop solutions that transform the way organizations communicate and exchange their printed and electronic information. Our global managed services division has deep expertise providing services in the following categories:
- Office Document Services – management of reprographics, fleet management, mailroom operations, DTP, word processing/presentation services, records management and litigation support services
- Customer Correspondence Management – scanning and coding, statement printing, document composition, digital mail delivery, archiving and micrographics
The Williams Lea Group also encompasses subsidiaries Tag, an international provider of marketing execution and production services, and TSO, the leading provider of publishing solutions to the public sector.
The Business Information Services Research Manager is a member of the on-site Williams Lea team delivering exceptional customer service at our client location – a global Investment Bank. This Manager will oversee a team of senior researchers supporting all divisions, with an emphasis on investment banking.
- Manage the operations of a client site location providing research services including responsibility for the full spectrum of employee management, development and training.
- Ensure team completes complex and highly varied research including both quantitative and qualitative requests.
- Manages a consistently high volume of research requests by rapidly determining the complexity level of each project and delegating to team members as appropriate, coordinating and managing workflow.
- Build strong client relationships across various levels of the client organization.
- Act as a subject matter expert an all matters pertaining to the research department.
- Provide leadership in a customer service intensive environment.
- Manage team compensation, promotional increases and merit increases strategically, balancing employee rewards and department profitability.
- Understand team financial targets, analyzing financial trends, identifying shortfalls, and create action plans to recover revenue or cut expenses as needed.
- Ensure timely completion of necessary administrative duties such as payroll procedures, invoicing and accounting procedures and all client and Williams Lea required monthly management reports.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters in Library and Information Science or Business / Finance / MBA desirable.
- Seven+ years of experience managing a team of researchers in an investment banking setting. Broad knowledge of standard secondary research sources, financial data services and corporate documents.
- Experience in managing employees, workforce planning, conducting performance reviews, and conflict resolution.
- Proven ability to manage a budget.
- Understanding of global investment banking and capital markets. Familiarity with broader financial institutions and practices.
- Ability to apply source knowledge to research projects across the full spectrum of company/industry/market/macro research that produces complete, cost effective results.
- Communication skills required to confidently deliver and explain research findings to clients -- both verbally and through written summaries and analyses.
- Judgment required to resolve service problems using broad professional knowledge.
- Real-time organizational skills required.
- Ability to manage client expectations via email and verbal communication.
- Judgment required to resolve service problems; alerts management to service problems or opportunities.
- Financial Database skills: advanced to expert in using general information sources such as Thomson SDC, Dealogic, Bloomberg, Capital IQ (including Excel add-in), Factset (including Excel add-in), OneSource, Alacra, Factiva, Lexis-Nexis, ThomsonOne.com, ThomsonReuters LPC, Dun & Bradstreet, Autex, Global Insight, Business Monitor, S&P, Moodys, Fitch, VentureSource, etc., as well as many other industry-specific sources including IDC, Gartner, Forrester, eMarketer, Frost & Sullivan, Euromonitor, IRI, SNL, EvaluatePharma, IMS, Real Capital Analytics, Green Street Advisors, Wood Mackenzie, among many others.
Williams Lea offers an exciting and supportive business environment. We develop our people and reward their contribution. We work with openness and integrity. We are an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.