This position has just been filled.
Join TheLadders now for access to 22 open jobs.
Comcast Ventures is expanding its presence in New York City and is looking for a new member of the team to join as a Senior Associate. We want to work with people who can communicate effectively, think analytically, demonstrate great business judgment, and above all are passionate about working with entrepreneurs and growing businesses.
The role's responsibilities include sourcing investment opportunities; conducting market, product and financial due diligence; managing the deal closing process; analyzing financing terms; working closely with portfolio companies; interacting with other investors, advisors, and our colleagues at Comcast NBCU; and developing investment insights into areas of interest to the fund. The Senior Associate will work closely with the fund's Partners in all areas, but with a particular emphasis on enterprise technology including highly-scalable data management systems, SaaS-based business models, and communications hardware/software/services.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated aptitude for understanding new technologies, including technical knowledge of enterprise infrastructure or communications networks
- At least five years of work experience, including a minimum of three years operating experience in engineering, development, product management, networking, or technical architecture roles
- An established industry network within the New York technical/entrepreneurial community
- Demonstrable ability to build financial models to assess operating economics and investment returns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An excellent educational record from a top institution. Graduate degree is optional
- Prior work experience either at a venture capital fund, start-up, or in a senior position at digital media or software company is a strong plus
About Comcast Ventures:
Comcast Ventures is the venture fund affiliated with Comcast Corporation, a diversified leader in cable, broadband services, telecommunications, media, and entertainment. Founded in 1999, Comcast Ventures is focused on generating superior financial returns from early to growth stage investments in the technology and services markets. CV works to foster the success of its portfolio companies by bringing to bear the unique resources and insights of both CV and the Comcast/NBCUniversal family of companies. Today, CV has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sunnyvale, and Philadelphia. For more information, see www.comcastventures.com.
- Uses financial and market analysis to evaluate strategic options.
- Takes into consideration key opportunities for increasing
profitability and minimizing inefficiencies within areas of
- Creates, implements, and achieves realistic, aggressive goals to align
with business objectives.
- Works with contacts to establish, track, and analyze key financial and
operational performance metrics/procedures to foster process
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Masters Degree or Equivalent
- Business, Finance
- Generally requires 10+ years related experience
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-Free workplace employer.
Be the first to hear about new career moves - before they're filled.
As a member of TheLadders, you'll have access to:
If you’re looking for your next career move, you won’t find a more comprehensive resource anywhere.
Join TheLadders today.