This position has just been filled.
Join TheLadders now for access to 37 open jobs.
Marketing Rep III - Plan
Job ID 2012-21081 # Positions 1
Search Category Sales & Marketing
Type Regular Full-Time (30+ hours) Posted Date 11/16/2012
Additional Locations ..
More information about this job:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to coordinating and supervising the implementation of strategies related to specific business programs, specific products, territory or expansion. Develops and maintains new contacts and/or partnerships in the community. Manages strategies within a specific territory or business initiative. Responsible for growing membership through educating and servicing the Medicaid population; including meeting the communities need for ongoing educational social service outreach to existing and potential members and assisting in the development of events and researching additional opportunities to expand the brand. This role will also be responsible for providing support, evaluating, mentoring and coaching assigned Marketing Representatives.
1. Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with the AGP member population for the primary purpose of increasing enrollment and decreasing disenrollment, where appropriate and compliant with local market regulations.
2. Ensure consistent compliance with all state, federal and Amerigroup specific requirements.
3. Develop a standard process for assessing the feasibility and development of sponsored event programs which support Amerigroup???s strategic initiatives.
4. Conducts marketing activities, events, exhibits, education, and presentations and other activities in an effort to gain members and maintain and/or establish positive relationships with providers, community, and faith based organizations.
5. Develops and maintains new and existing business relationships.
6. Participates on Boards and/or committees of significant community organizations to support Amerigroup???s mission.
7. Identifies and enlists the cooperation of individuals, groups, social service agencies and other community organizations in educational and outreach activities.
8. Develops and implements special programs and initiatives, and all the accompanying activities.
9. Supports health and wellness education activities and referral of members to health education programs.
10. Acts as a viable resource to the membership and the community as needed.
11. Identifies cultural issues regarding current and potential members; communicate those issues and concerns to management immediately.
12. Assists management to develop territories and appropriate budgetary goals and guidelines to meet health plan objectives.
13. Assists in the development and tracking of expenses within the plan marketing department.
14. Assists in the coordination of training and mentoring of new reps.
15. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience
- BS/BA degree
Years and Type of Experience Required:
- 4 yrs experience in managed care / healthcare or sales / marketing environment, if highest education level is High School.
Certifications or Licensures
- Must possess a valid driver???s license and have access to a motor vehicle and must possess valid motor vehicle insurance.
- Valid state agent health insurance licensure
Computer Hardware, Software and Applications / Office Equipment - Intermediate
- Ability to use software and hardware of a computer to complete certain moderate to complex tasks. Skills to use basic office equipment such as telephone, fax machine and copy machine.
- Working knowledge in a windows environment, in particular with Word and Excel, to include navigation skills using a mouse and keyboard. Use of internet. Ability to review and draft correspondence in email system and word processing systems. Ability to use spreadsheets to review, organize and edit data.
- Experience working with SalesForce.
- Ability to use software to conduct data analysis, reporting and sharing of information to solve problems. Ability to use of complex applications of software to analyze and solve business problems.
Read, Interpret and Apply information - Intermediate
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret complex information to provide accurate and appropriate information to business partner or customer.
- Ability to research information using available resources and determine where gaps in information exist to seek other sources.
- Ability to understand when to escalate erroneous/inconsistent information discovered in resources to appropriate level of management for review.
- Demonstrates understanding of the organization's mission and strategies.
- Works to clarify and understand the broader purpose and mission of own work.
- Integrates and balances big-picture concerns with day-to-day activities.
- Generates innovative ideas and solutions to problems.
- Identifies opportunities to increase efficiency, simplicity, and revenue.
Make Sound Decisions
- Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness.
- Collects sufficient information to understand problems and issues.
- Analyzes problems and issues from different points of view.
- Applies accurate logic and common sense in making decisions.
People Leadership Develop/Support Organizational Talent
- Relates to people in an open, friendly, and accepting manner.
- Treats others with respect.
- Listens carefully and attentively to others??? opinions and ideas.
- Maintains positive relationships even under difficult or heated circumstances.
- Works cooperatively with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Encourages people to draw on each other's strengths and experience to work together effectively, within and across teams.
- Appropriately involves others in decisions and plans that affect them.
- Provides honest, helpful feedback to others on their performance.
- Shares own experience and expertise with others.
Results Leadership Show Drive and Initiative
- Demonstrates a "can-do" spirit, a sense of optimism, ownership, and commitment.
- Maintains a consistent, high level of productivity.
- Takes personal responsibility to make decisions and take action.
- Does not easily give up in the face of unexpected obstacles.
- Projects a positive image and serves as a role model for others.
Accountability / Optimize Execution
- Juggles many priorities and competing demands for one's time.
- Acts resourcefully to ensure that work is completed within specified time and quality parameters.
- Removes obstacles in order to move the work forward and/or get efforts back on track.
- Surfaces problems and issues before projects get derailed.
- Able to present information verbally, and in writing, in a concise and effective manner.
- Demonstrate ownership skills when handling internal or external customer concerns or issues.
- Able to identify problems and develop satisfying solutions.
- Demonstrates motivation and innovation for self-improvement.
- Demonstrates basic understanding of healthcare industry.
- Demonstrates knowledge of how position is related to unit/team within a department.
- Able to participate in teams as a strong team participant.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to operate general office equipment including but not limited to: computer, phones and related media and information devices.
- Ability to communicate both in person and/or by telephone.
- Must be able to travel as needed and adhere to Amerigroup travel policies and procedures.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds or more.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Be the first to hear about new career moves - before they're filled.
As a member of TheLadders, you'll have access to:
If you’re looking for your next career move, you won’t find a more comprehensive resource anywhere.
Join TheLadders today.