Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
Hiring Company Industry:
Number of Employees:
100 - 1,000 Employees
$70K to $80K
- Base Salary:
A. TITLE OF ROLE: Sr. Manager, Corporate Communications
B. WORK GROUP: Communications
C. SUPERVISOR'S TITLE: Management Committee
- D. DESCRIPTION OF ROLE: The primary responsibility of this role is to increase the awareness of ASQ, in targeted markets, improve the image of the quality profession, increasing member’s understanding of ASQ’s benefits and activities, and position ASQ on advocacy issues that are important to Quality. In addition, this area will be responsible for coordinating trade shows, speaker placement and support, and grant writing.
- E. SKILLS: Demonstrated work ethic and communication skills; understanding of quality principles, continuous learning, customer focus, and teamwork and partnering skills. Demonstrated capacity for embracing change and learning new technologies. Must have proven, practical knowledge of public relations practices. Solid media relations experience and special events management. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are required. The ability to conceptualize and promote program development, as well as the ability to handle a multitude of projects simultaneously is necessary.
- F. EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or other related field required. An advanced degree would be highly desirable.
- G. EXPERIENCE: Must possess a minimum of 10 years experience in public relations. Prior experience in development of national public relations programs and campaigns and managing people is required. Global experience a plus.
- H. LIST OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs the development and implementation of public relations programs that support the Society image.
- Recommends ASQ positioning in new and existing markets.
- Directs development and implementation of government relations’ activities and the national advertising campaign.
- Directs the ASQ News Bureau and serves as media contact.
- Oversees ASQ brand promotion.
- Supports ASQ’s social media outlets through participation and leadership
- Provides members communication and leadership.
- Manages website content and analytics.
- Directs outgoing internal communication.
10. Responsible for all communication media and modes (i.e. text, audio, visual)
11. Carries out communications and integrated Marcom plans, actions and results in partnership with the Marketing services team
12. Fulfills other duties as assigned by the Management Committee.
- I. ROLE RELATIONSHIPS:
- Internal - Constant interface with staff involving public relations, market research and cross-functional activities.
- External - Frequent contact with members, nonmembers, other organizations related to ASQ activities, programs, services and joint ventures. Heavy and occasionally sensitive contact with the public as this position serves as one of the key spokespersons for ASQ.
- J. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning and scheduling - Supervises development of strategic communications plan to support the mission, goals, and objectives.
- Budgeting and forecasting - Actively participates in forecasting and budgeting. Supervises development and management of the assigned budget.
- Responsibility for establishing objectives, policies or standards - Actively participates in setting communication objectives, policies and standards for the Society; supervises establishment and implementation of public relations programs and processes.
- Impact of decisions - Make decisions related to ASQ public relations that could affect the Society's reputation and effectiveness.
- K. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Manages a staff of five including Senior Specialist Public Affairs.
- L. SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Operates independently with supervision received from the Management Committee.
- M. WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Work Conditions - Normal office conditions.
- Exposure to Hazards - No exposure to hazards.
N. BEHAVIOR AND ATTITUDE: ASQ’s mission and core values require each staff member to perform professionally and personably. How the employee relates to coworkers, customers, and visitors is as important as the employee’s technical knowledge and ability. Respect and consideration for coworkers, customers, and visitors is a requisite of successful job performance. ASQ’s diversity vision requires each employee to promote in principle and in practice an inclusive environment that maximizes opportunity and responsibility for each member, volunteer, employee, and stakeholder in the organization.