This position has just been filled.
Join TheLadders now for access to 2 open jobs.
Are you the Aerospace CEO we're looking for?
ABOUT THE CLIENT
A global company looking for someone to run a business unit. They're in the aerospace industry, specifically working with airplane manufacturers on OEM opportunities as well as the airline aftermarket business. This person will be the CEO of this $50M business unit and will report into a Dvisional Vice President. They're looking to hire quickly!
We're looking for a high-level leader to take this company to another level.
The company is looking for someone to come in and make an incredible impact through smart business planning, strategic decision making, and excellent general management - ensuring the business unit is meeting and exceeding the overall business and financial objectives. One of the nice things about this role is that it's not a turnaround situation. The environment is good, the morale is good, but they need a leader to take them to another level.
This is someone who understands that in order to create a world class team, you need to attract and retain top quality talent. You need to develop opportunities for your team to succeed within the organization, and empower them to get the job done. You need to be an effective communicator both inside and outside the organization - selling the vision to the team, and cultivating networks outside the organization. And you need to be open to the idea that your way isn't the only way - and that's why you've built such a great team. That being said - you should also be hands-on and very involved in all aspects of the business.
ARE YOU THE IDEAL CANDIDATE? You are if you're....a strong leader, a collaborative leader who understands how to build teams, increase morale, and create a high performance culture. You know how to increase the bottom line with your motivation and drive, and your incredible communication and people skills. You understand lean principles to achieve operational excellence. You've spent time overseas and understand Europe and Asia's aerospace environment. You know how to leverage others within the parent company to your business unit's advantage. You know how to navigate your way with the corporate team - even though they are miles and miles away. Been there, done that successfully.... you might say.
Optimally, you live in the Los Angeles area, but if you don't, you must be amazing, because the company is actually considering relocation for you.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this role, go to our website: http://gostudioc.com/NOW_HIRING.html and follow the link for the CEO position.
Upon submission of your background and methods, you'll receive instructions on how to get your resume to us. We're hoping that we can take you forward to present to the client. Help us do that by being the PERFECT person for the position.
And while this process may seem a bit unorthodox to some, we're looking for someone who is open ideas that may not be the norm. If the process doesn't work for you, chances are good, you wouldn't be a good fit for the company.
THE JOB SPEC...
EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP/BUSINESS STRATEGY AND PERFORMANCE
• Drive financial performance; assess and communicate the drivers of the group’s financial performance to include ROI and ROA.
• Manages product development, engineering and operations as well as coordinating with Sales and Marketing in defining new products and customers to improve the unit’s long-term performance.
• In coordination with others, develops, communicates and implements the annual Company business plan which includes sales, operating expenses, profitability and optimization of capital funds invested.
• Develops specific long-term plans and strategies in support of the Companies planned capital expenditures, operating budgets and financial requirements. Is responsible for the profit and loss of the organization.
• Responsible for ensuring “intellectual capital” treated consistent with the corporate policies, ethics and management style. Manage all of the staff to maximize the performance and contribution of individuals as well as to encourage internal growth and development.
• May actively participate in high-level corporate and group strategic planning, makes recommendations and provides feedback and/or implement plans as they are finalized.
• Develops synergies with other business units of the Division and activity under the direction of the Division VP.
• With Sales and Marketing and Engineering insures that company provides the most cost-effective products and services for its customers and builds a strong working relationship with its customers, vendors and independent selling organizations.
• May assist the in identifying potential acquisition candidates and participate in due diligence activities if requested.
• Functions as an “Operational Excellence Champion” in full support Lean Initiatives
• Work closely with the corporate management team to develop a clear structural vision for the group, one that maximizes potential efficiencies.
• Timely preparation of all required management reports, budgets, and performance studies.
• Provide leadership, strategy and methodology to meet the corporation’s targets for growth.
• Self Development – High degree of listening, curiosity, analytical capability and openness to new ideas.
• Results/Action Oriented – Self-starter looking for solutions to problems through innovative analysis and creative solutions and a willingness to move quickly to change. Demands the best – Set high standards of excellence for each one and for the organization to achieve outstanding operating profits and goals.
• Self-confidence – Willing to constructively discuss contentious issues with all levels of management to reach the best solutions.
• Leadership – Works well with all levels while being recognized as a natural leader. Well respected by senior management for clear and concise communication, teamwork and strategic thinking.
• Hands-on Manager
• Multicultural – Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• A minimum of 10 years experience with knowledge and background in an engineered products business within the aerospace industry, having experience on both European and American markets is a premium
• Proven track record of managing all aspects of an organization including strategic planning, sales & marketing, operations and financial planning & analysis.
• History of developing management talent to take on increased responsibilities and grow into higher levels of responsibility.
• Evidence of effectively managing change and conflict in a fast-paced an international environment.
• Strategically oriented individual with a demonstrated ability to diagnose and recommend business-related solutions that add value to business and achieve measurable results on time and within budget.
• Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills, especially in dealing with controversial issues.
• Proven track record of utilizing Lean and other cost/waste reduction processes to achieve operational efficiencies, improved customer satisfaction and higher profitability.
• Hands-on manufacturing experience and a passion for manufacturing operations to maximize efficiency and utilization.
• Bachelor degree in Engineering with advanced business degree or experience.
Be the first to hear about new career moves - before they're filled.
As a member of TheLadders, you'll have access to:
If you’re looking for your next career move, you won’t find a more comprehensive resource anywhere.
Join TheLadders today.