What we do
We're the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you'll do
JMP, a division of SAS, is looking for a Systems Engineer to provide top-notch technical assistance to our team within the Gulf territory. If you love to stay up-to-date with the industry's latest trends and have a knack for connecting the dots to help solve customer problems, this is the opportunity you've been looking for!
- Utilize strategic selling techniques with an Account Executive and an Inside Sales Representative to strategize on prospects and develop strategic sales objectives for targeted accounts
- Prepare custom presentations based on opportunity analysis
- Provide timely follow up and communications to prospects and JMP team
- Support JMP deployment planning implementation in conjunction with Account Executive
- Customer retention and post-sale strategies to ensure account satisfaction and growth
- Work effectively as part of a team for complex sales involving multiple skill sets
- Customize, present, and evaluate sales seminars
- Provide support at vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings
- Assist with training of staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
What we're looking for
- You're curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- Master's degree in Statistics, Computer Science or other quantitative field.
- Significant experience in technical pre-sales, technical marketing, technical support, or a related area
- 1 or more year(s) of experience applying JMP to analytical problems in industry
- Approximately 50% travel within the Gulf territory area is required.
- You have public speaking experience.
- Preferred locations: Austin, Houston and Dallas, TX
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Excellent customer facing skills including experience with customer needs analysis and presentations.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to relate technical and statistical concepts to industry personnel.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
- Previous experience with analytical software sales and territory start-up in a technical role.