IT -- ES (Engineering Services) organization is looking for an JIRA applications specialist to be part of the Software engineering team to support enterprise-wide instance. Expertise in SBM (Serena Business Manager) will be preferred. Expertise in other tools like Confluence, BitBucket, Jenkins, Nexus will be an advantage.
* Administer Atlassian toolset including Jira, confluence, Bitbucket, etc. in a validated environment.
* Gather requirements for business process improvements and determine ways to optimize and improve JIRA environment and workflows
* Create, design, and deploy comprehensive JIRA custom workflows, fields, permission schemes, post functions, etc.
* Develop, Install, configure, test, and manage plug-ins
* Support of integrations between tools in our development landscape, including, but not limited to: Atlassian tools, confluence, bitbucket, Serena Business Manager (SBM)
* Develop solutions extending Atlassian REST services and JIRA plugins using the Atlassian SDK
* Research and implement Atlassian best practices & actively develop and improve JIRA skill set by keeping up on JIRA industry trends, tools, and techniques
* Develop and maintain a validated procedures and governance for medical compliant systems.
* Provide and maintain test procedures for new versions of Jira tools and plug-ins to ensure compatibility during testing.
* Proven track record with Atlassian installations, migrations and upgrades.
* Maintain and support already existing MicroFocus Serena Business Manager applications (workflows).
Educational & Technical Qualifications:
- Bachelors, Masters or University Degree or equivalent in Software/Computer Engineering or other Scientific/Technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years relevant professional experience in programming/configuration of workflow management systems in JIRA & SBM
- Experience with performing Atlassian installations, migrations, and plugin installation
- Experience with SQL queries & JIRA plug-ins, JIRA Query Language (JQL) and scripting
- Ability to create complex JIRA workflows including project workflows, security schemes, screen schemes, JIRA vocabulary, permission and notification schemes
- Hands-on custom Plugin development with good scripting and programming knowledge.
- Hands-on experience using JIRA REST APIs for integration with other tools like Jenkins, Sonar
- Familiarity with Java, Apache Tomcat, APIs, Certificates, POSTGRES and SQL.
- Software development background preferred
- Experience working on an Agile development teams (Scrum/Kanban)
- Experience administering and customizing JIRA projects, experience performing data migrations from other Jira and non-Jira sources.
- DevOps experience
- Optimistic, eager, forward-looking and open attitude that supplements our team
- Self-organized and independent work style with strong customer focus
- Detail-oriented with Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrates strong teamwork skills collaborate and work effectively in teams across different businesses, functions and geographies
- Ability to manage several issues in parallel while keeping focus on priority and due dates
- Strong influencing skills paired with projectmanagement/leadership skills
- Willingness to work globally across different timezones