Jira Application Administrator
We are looking for Jira Application Administrator for our client in Seattle, WA
Job Title: Jira Application Administrator
Job Location: ?Seattle, WA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire?
- Client is seeking an experienced JIRA application administrator to support a responsive, constantly-improving toolset for our bi-coastal agile team of engineers, designers and leaders who use JIRA every day to ship our software products.
- As the ideal candidate, you will know how to configure JIRA specifically for Scaled Agile teams and value streams, maintaining a proper balance between standardized views and processes that help the whole organization stay properly agile, and experiments with team-specific improvements or efficiencies that help individual teams supercharge their output.
- Your responsibilities will range from Tier-1 support for our JIRA users all the way to solutions architecture and buildouts of frameworks on the front- and back-end to support deep analysis on our warehouse of JIRA data in order to improve the entire organization.
- Tier-1 JIRA Support. Understanding our customer’s ongoing needs, maintaining a prioritized queue of fixes/improvements: Requires strong organization and time management to address issues efficiently, and a commitment to listening and understanding customer needs.
- JIRA for Process Improvement. Development, delivery and structured roll-out of additions and enhancements to Agile artifacts in JIRA to help teams. Better boards, queries, dashboards and more: Requires a commitment to constant improvement and a focus on organizational relationships and how they interact with our toolchain to create efficiencies or slowdowns.
- Experimentation and JIRA Special Projects. Envisioning of “what’s next” through responsible and creative experimentation with our toolchain, including onboarding of add-ons and connections to our otherinfrastructure: Requires a fearlessness without recklessness, and a strong instinct for improvised measurement and evaluation.
- Experience with administering JIRA at the mid-to- large organization scale, including configuring/implementing JIRA add-ons and troubleshooting the Atlassian software stack
- Ability to manage multiple requests from various stakeholders and negotiate priorities accordingly across the body of work, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban) and management of JIRA artifacts to support Agile, ideally experience with teams adopting/transitioning to JIRA.
- Familiarity with database concepts (such as SQL)
- Knowledge of cloud platforms, environments, and APIs
- Experience with source control systems (Git, Subversion, etc)