At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Help us tailor technical support for out customers while gaining an understanding of their IT infrastructures, internal processes, and business needs. The Red Hat Global Customer Success (GCS) team is looking for an experienced, enterprise-level Java software engineer to join us as a JBoss Middleware Technical Account Manager in the Northeastern US. In this role, you will provide architectural guidance and implementation advice to enterprise customers for the Red Hat JBoss Middleware portfolio of solutions, as well as high level of engagement that builds, maintains, and grows long-lasting customer loyalty. You will also help debug, quantify, and test issues escalated by customers for Red Hat middleware technologies and partner closely with associates from our development engineering, product management, and technical support teams to quickly resolve issues.
Primary job responsibilities
- Perform technical reviews and share knowledge to actively identify and prevent issues
- Gain an understanding of customers' technical infrastructure, hardware, and products
- Perform initial or secondary investigation and respond to online and phone support requests
- Deliver key Red Hat JBoss Middleware portfolio roadmap updates and assist customers with product upgrades
- Manage customer cases and maintain clear and concise case documentation
- Serve as the customer advocate within Red Hat
- Manage and grow existing enterprise customer and partner relationships by delivering high-quality support
- Travel regionally to visit customers occasionally
- 5+ years of professional Java coding and development experience
- Development-level experience analyzing and debugging Java and C++ application issues at the language-level, including code development, code review, stack traces, etc.
- Practical experience with Java middleware technologies like Red Hat JBoss EAP, Red Hat JBoss Fuse, IBM WebSphere, and Oracle WebLogic
- Experience in a support, development, engineering, or quality assurance organization
- Ability to take ownership of issues while maintaining a high level of detail
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor's degree in a technology-related discipline; computer science or engineering are preferred
- Knowledge of JEE platform and experience working on large-scale enterprise Java projects is preferred
- Experience with business logic and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) cloud solutions would be a significant plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.