McKean Defense is an employee owned Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
- Must be proficient in jQuery, SQL, SOAP/REST API, AJAX, HTML5, and CSS3.
- Must demonstrate ability to read, understand, and reconfigure/rewrite existing code.
- Coordinate application design, development, testing, and implementation with the objective of integrating customer processes and data flows (which will also include management tools, planning, and scheduling).
- Create technical documentation, user guides, and standard operating procedures for required developed processes.
- Identify bottlenecks, bugs, network, policy, or training issues and develop timely, accurate solutions.
- Interact with Technical Architecture team to maintain, optimize, and troubleshoot websites, servers, and related infrastructure.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Ensure the best performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Coordinate, design, and implement reports from multiple sources that support analysis, metrics, and integration.
- Active DoD security clearance required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree, OR, a High School diploma or GED and at least three (3) years of IT Programming experience, OR, be able to show advanced proficiency in the skills listed below.
- Must have a strong programming background authoring well written, well documented, modular, clean, and readable code.
- Must have a solid understanding of the DOM, web applications, and instantiation procedures, including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Must have an understanding of browser compatibility issues with a focus on a similar look, feel, and functionality across different browsers.
- Understanding of multiple database systems, architectures, and networks (especially Navy) is a plus.
- Must have CompTIA Security+ certification or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: 2010, 2013, 365 (online suite of tools).
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and works well in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including but not limited to troubleshooting, debugging, and optimization.
- Travel is required but anticipated to be less than 10%
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.