ABOUT THE JOB
As a member of Key’s HelloWallet Engineering team this individual will perform programming, unit testing and deployment for complex Java-based applications. The engineer is also responsible for using an agile approach to iteratively maintain and develop new functionality. The individual in this role will be solid software engineering experience in building commercial-grade Web-based applications using modern SPA technology. This role will also work and partner with other engineers to develop APIs and modernize the platform to build leading product experiences. Engineer must be a highly motivated individual with the potential and desire to learn new technologies and take on an increasing level of responsibility within the technology team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Create consistent and efficient css across all browsers and platforms.
- Utilize an Agile approach to iteratively maintain and develop new functionality.
- Create NodeJs backend apis for use by frontend SPAs.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies.
- Promote usability best practices.
- Work with other teams to review requirements and provide development estimates and design documents to support a solution to the requirements.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or other related field or comparable industry experience
- Experience with other programming languages like CSS, Typescript, CoffeeScript
- 1-3 years experience with SPA client-side frameworks such as Ember.js.
- 1-3 years experience with server-side technologies such as Node.JS, Java, or .NET.
- Proven knowledge of enterprise software concerns such as security, scalability, transaction management, and concurrency.
- Familiarity with design patterns like MVC & data up / actions down.
- Experience working in Scrum-based methodologies a plus.
- Experience working with SASS, Bootstrap and/or design systems
- Experience working with build process tools like Gulp and npm packages