Digital Solutions is a team of skilled professionals who dedicate their careers to accelerating the growth of Sun Life’s digital platforms through technology-based solutions. We focus on looking for and seizing opportunities to leverage digital, data and analytics in new ways as we continue to help our Clients achieve lifetime financial security, live healthier lives and connect with us. Come join us as we continue to intensify the focus on our digital journey, helping our clients and transforming our business in exciting ways!
The Digital Solutions team is seeking an experienced Java Web Application Developer to design, develop, support and analyze large-scale applications and systems. The successful candidate is a team player with excellent technical and problem-solving skills, shows initiative, and is accountable for results.
What will you do?
- Develop code, unit test, debug, and implement requests for programs, small projects, and system changes in a web application environment with a focus on security
- Analyze security vulnerabilities, planning for remediation, and implementation
- Participate in estimating, planning and managing development tasks and regular reporting on progress
- Collaborate with architects, designers, business system analysts, and testing specialists to deliver high quality solutions
- Produce detailed-level designs based on business requirements and defined architectures
What you need to succeed:
- University Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline
- 3+ years of Web application development experience
- 3+ years experience with Java application development
- 1+ years experience with analyzing and remediation of security vulnerabilities including OWASP Top 10, SANS top 25, etc.
- 1+ experience with defensive coding techniques and best practices
- .Net development experience an asset
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to align to changing priorities
- Client centric – our clients are at the centre of all we do
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a strong, collaborative, multi-site team
- Self-directed and proactive; thinks beyond the immediate problem with ability to analyze situations systematically.
- A penchant for creating re-usable components and identifying opportunities for re-use
- Periodic weekend/after-hours work may be required to support project implementations and system upgrades.
- Occasional travel between Sun Life locations (Toronto, Waterloo) may be required depending on work assignment
- You must be eligible for the enhanced reliability clearance
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and bonus structure influenced by market range data
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- A common sense dress code, where you dictate how you dress based on your day
- An environment of continuous learning and improvement