You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
Digital Solutions is a team of skilled professionals who dedicate their careers to accelerating the growth of Sun Life’s digital platforms through technology-based solutions. We focus on looking for and seizing opportunities to leverage digital, data and analytics in new ways as we continue to help our Clients achieve lifetime financial security, live healthier lives and connect with us. Come join us as we continue to intensify the focus on our digital journey, helping our clients and transforming our business in exciting ways!
The Digital Solutions team is seeking an experienced Web Application Analyst to provide technical design, development, support and analysis for large-scale applications and systems. The successful candidate is a team player with excellent technical and problem-solving skills, is aware of industry trends, questions the status quo and can identify and propose alternatives.
What will you do?
- Develop code, unit test, debug, and implement requests for programs, small projects, and system changes in a web application environment with a focus on security
- Analyze security vulnerabilities, planning for remediation, and implementation
- Responsible for estimating, planning and managing development tasks and regular reporting on progress
- Collaborate with architects, designers, business system analysts, and testing specialists to deliver high quality solutions
- Produce high-level and detailed-level designs based on business requirements and defined architectures
- Mentoring and coaching other dev team members
What you need to succeed: (objective verses subjective)
- 6+ years of Web application development experience
- 6+ years experience with Java
- 2+ years mentoring and coaching other developers
- 2+ years experience analyzing and remediation of security vulnerabilities including OWASP Top 10, SANS top 25, etc
- 2+ years experience with defensive coding techniques and best practices
- .Net development experience an asset
- Advanced overall understanding of Web applications and server technologies
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to align to changing priorities
- Customer centric– our clients are at the centre of all we do
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a strong, collaborative, multi-site team
- Self-directed and proactive; think beyond the immediate problem with ability to analyze situations systematically.
- A penchant for creating re-usable components and identifying opportunities for re-use
- You must be eligible for the enhanced reliability clearance
- Periodic weekend/after-hours work may be required to support project implementations and system upgrades.
- Occasional travel between Sun Life locations (Toronto, Waterloo) may be required depending on work assignment
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary and bonus structure influenced by market range data
- Pension, stock and savings programs to help build and enhance your future financial security
- A common sense dress code, where you dictate how you dress based on your day
- An environment of continuous learning and improvement