Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology.
The Trading & Operations team within Wealth Technology Solutions is responsible for the design, delivery, and integration of systems that facilitate trading across all TD Wealth lines of business, as well as systems that support all post trade and operational processes. We are building a world class technology team to deliver critical business functionality while also driving TD’s broader technology objectives of Agility, Speed, and High-Tech Innovation. This dynamic team consists of innovative professionals who strive to deliver legendary client experiences using modern and cost effective technology.
We are seeking a highly motivated, hands-on Technical Lead to join our team delivering best-in-class solutions for a number of applications in the Post-trade Management product suite.
The candidate we are looking for should possess a successful track record of design and delivery of workflow systems, familiarity with RESTful API’s, and experience with user interface development, as well as hands-on development. This candidate should also be a natural leader who is enjoys coaching and mentoring team members, and who can encourage a very open and collaborative team dynamic.
- Driven to always perform better
- Inspired to both build, and harness, reusable software components
- Team focused and collaborative
Skills & Experience
- Development team leadership and mentoring
- Implementation of Enterprise-grade RESTful API software patterns.
- GIT, Maven, Jenkins (for agile build environment)
- UML (ABP contains Sequence diagrams)
- Development (J2EE and Web Services)
- Scripting (Java script (Angular.js, Node.js), XSLT, ANT)
- Applications Servers (JBOSS, WebSphere)
- Databases (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Operating Systems (RedHat Linux, Windows)
- Web Services (HTTP, XML, REST, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI)
- Worked on Agile projects and is open minded and adaptable
- Experience with Disciplined Agile/TD Rapid/Agile Rollout Methodology or other iterative development methodologies
- Leverage enterprise technologies and guidelines and assist with governance and advisory activities for solutions design and implementation.
- Serve as internal subject matter experts with responsibility for ensuring stakeholder satisfaction with solutions delivery.
- Plan the retirement and transition of technologies at the end-of-life.
- Lead a team of developers to integrate and build high quality, flexible, and robust platform components.
- Develop clean, fast, valid code that renders well across devices
- Work with team to accurately estimate and scope out user stories
- Review and contribute to early requirements and design
- Accountable for deadlines and quality of work
- Collaborate with internal stakeholder teams in the scoping, development and implementation of solutions.
- Provide feedback to project managers and team leads
- Be a team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment
Successful candidates will collaborate closely with the team Solution Architect on all aspects of successful project delivery and management of solution lifecycle with specific focus in the following areas:
- Establish and lead recurring key Agile ceremonies: Planning, Stand-up, Customer Demo, and Retrospective.
- Drive effective use of modern software development best-practices including: TDD, continuous integration, and automated testing.
- Regularly reflect on performance and constantly implement new tools and development best-practices to foster a culture of continuous improvement within the team.
- Laser-focused on delivering working solutions each sprint for proof-of-concept and customer demonstration.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.