Design, code, test and debug complex software while developing new functionality, and enhancing existing functionality, providing leadership to guide customers and satisfy their requirements, both internal and external.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Consult with and advise product owners/business partners to define requirements and software design. Partner with System Engineering, evaluating feasibility and driving development plan and direction.
- Work includes developing detailed specifications from which broad basedapplications will be written, designed, coded, tested and debugged.
- Develop best practices. Evaluate, recommend, and apply these alternate/new technologies/ best practices.
- Provide technical expertise on a wide range of systems/projects/platforms.
- Work with QA team to improve all levels of testing efforts, developing and enhancing testing methods and processes that span across products/platforms/systems.
- Support, maintain and document software functionality.
- Enterprise Java and related technologies
- Spring (one or more of the following spring core, spring mvc, spring batch, spring security, etc.)
- JPA, Hibernate, EclipseLink
- Testing frameworks, such as JUnit, TestNG, Selenium (preferred), Spock, Cucumber
- Databases, such as MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Node4j
- XML / JSON
- Tomcat, JBoss, Glassfish, Websphere
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment with tools such as Jenkins
- Maven, TeamCity
- SOA or web services
- Agile development using Scrum, XP, Lean, etc.
- Ten years of experience in an applicable software development environment
- Architecture and development experience in enterprise applications
- Able to translate complex business needs to technical requirements
- Fluent and current on architecture trends with an eye on market/technical conditions and future direction
- Education/Experience: B.S. or equivalent experience required
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.