You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
The Hartford is looking for a Java Tech Lead to join the Middle and Large Commercial IT organization with end-to-end accountabilities in IT Operations across the application portfolio. Successful candidates will be expected to demonstrate strong leadership skills, excellent partnership with stakeholders and partner teams, technical acumen, experience in delivering quality technical solutions as well as setting and executing on a strategic technical vision to ensure the systems are stable, performant, and secure.
Responsibilities and Competencies for the role include.
- Oversee technical deliverables in agile Kanban teams including validating quality of technical designs, build, implementation
- Oversee technical deliverables, coaching and mentoring of junior developers and provide technical leadership for same; enforcing development guidelines and best practices
- Provide technical leadership ensuring delivery of systems including special considerations for stability, monitoring, supportability, and testability
- Provide technical leadership providing recommendations on how to automate and help scale systems based on performance metrics
- Function as the go-to technical leader for the software applications supported, requiring depth and breadth of knowledge in technologies, applications, integration, interfaces and business domain.
- Implement and enhance the tools and technology to monitor and measure system availability, latency, and overall health.
- Ensure operational excellence. Independently drive the triaging and service restoration of all high impact incidents in order to minimize the mean time to service restoration and impact to business.
- Serve as key liaison between the architecture and technical delivery teams to influence the technical strategy for the organization, keeping in mind its crossfunctional impacts, integration across the organization, and architecture rationalization.
- Lead change by influencing and educating Business, IT and Sourcing partners.
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 7+ years of experience developing web based Java/J2EE applications.
- Experience with continuous integration and DevOps methodologies, preferred tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Rally, SonarQube etc.
Nice to Have Experience:
- Experience or exposure to Dynatrace OneAgent is preferred
- Experience with Oracle and SQL Server relational database technologies. Knowledge of open source database technologies is beneficial.
- Understanding of integration components such as MQ, Datapower and WMB.
- Knowledge of containerization and experience in cloud infrastructure environments like Openshift AWS, Azure is an advantage.
Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Senior Software Engineer - IY08AE