Job Overview: Love building and supporting applications? Want to lead an application support team and mentor others? If so, we have a great opportunity!! We are looking for a Team Lead for the Merchandising Support team. In this role, you will be managing both internal and external apps that will be leveraged by the Merchandising teams supporting the Independent Business side as well as CUB, Farm Fresh, Hornbacher’s, Shop ’n Save, and Shoppers banners. Come drive to new heights and build a world-class team. Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the supervision, guidance and mentoring of associates on their respective team.
- Directs daily tasks of the team, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities and setting deadlines.
- Provide associates with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems and in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
- Under the direction of management, supervise team activities to ensure alignment of departmental goals and service levels.
- Promotes positive morale through team building efforts.
- Tracks and reports status for projects and event review action items, ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Trains and instructs associates in job duties and company policies, or arranges for training to be provided.
- May need to evaluate associate performance, write and deliver performance review and establish career goals with guidance from management.
- Coordinates with management, vendors and others to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Communicates corporate and departmental policies, procedures, and service standards in conjunction with management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline preferred.
- 3-5 years of Java development experience. Preferably with mobile development.
- Experience with DB2 and MS SQL server a plus.
- Ability to interpret business data as it applies to team function.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong customer focus and demonstrated ability to work in geographically dispersed teams, good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Must have strong computer skills including technical aptitude to learn applications that may be required to administer to job duties. Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in leading, taking charge, and offering opinions and direction.
- Experience reviewing, assessing and recommending process improvements and to manage associated change.
- Take direction from supervisor and apply it to team responsibilities.