We are looking for Java Subject Mater Expert for our client in Washington, DC
Job Title: Java Subject Mater Expert
Job Location: Washington, DC
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- Individual will work with existing team to provide Java SME support to our Application Development (AD) clients.
- This support includes but is not limited to the following: integration with the client development teams to learn the project and Java code, provide Java expertise (i.e. standards and processes) and recommendations, preparation of executive level status reports, facilitation of meetings, documentation of detailed system designs, and work withother project delivery partners to connect the dots for our client.
- Candidate must also be able to efficiently and effectively manage their time and prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5years of relevant Java experience
- Experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML) for system design (class diagrams, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams)
- Experience with project management support activities (e.g. schedule management, risks/issue management)
- Experience with creating deliverables (i.e. status reports, schedules etc.) in Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to collaborate with personnel at different levels of the organization
- Ability to engage highly technical clients to identify and define actionable tasks
- Detailed oriented and able to work independently with minimum guidance or supervision
- Demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills; able to meet tight deadlines
- Technical Writing and System Documentation experience
- Ability to effectively work in a team
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experienced in SDLC methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Iterative, Etc.)
- Database Modeling (Logical and Physical)
- Formal Development Testing Experience