You are unique: as a curious, passionate, engaging, hands-on architect you will help customers realize the benefits of cloud native applications and architectures on Pivotal Cloud Foundry. You will also work closely with the Pivotal Cloud Foundry engineering and platform architect teams to transform the way our customers build and run their software.
Our mission is to make customers' use of our products and solutions successful, so that they can more effectively transform their business. Our cross-disciplinary team includes technical account leaders, data scientists, agile specialists, solutions architects, educators on Pivotal technology, and business transformation specialists.
In this role, you will:
- Work on small, focused projects (typically 6 or 10 weeks) in our office and/or at a customer location as part of a balanced team of architects, product managers and business people
- Help customers realize unprecedented returns by transforming existing applications, across a vast spectrum of complexity, language and framework types, to run using Cloud Native patterns and practices
- Coach and mentor customer developers, architects, product owners and operations people as we use agile/XP and techniques like TDD and CI/CD
- Discover, understand and and map existing SDLC processes and deliver automated paths to production for transformed existing applications.
- Continuously learn and be at the leading edge of Pivotal and industry trends
You are unique: as an exceptional, passionate, customer facing, hands-on architect you will help customers transform to realize the benefits of cloud native applications and architectures on Pivotal Cloud Foundry. You will also work closely with the Spring and Pivotal Cloud Foundry engineering teams to:
- Provide feedback on – and contributions to – the Spring and Cloud Foundry open source projects, potentially becoming a core committer
- Assist Pivotal’s customers in migrating existing apps to Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Modernize customer applications, incrementally improving infrastructure and app architecture techniques
- Work with Pivotal’s customers to architect and build new cloud native apps
- Become an agent of change within customer organizations
- Willing to travel and work on-site with customers
- You are a great written and verbal communicator, capable of public speaking and presenting in front of customers, at user groups, etc.
- Comfortable in new situations with new clients
- Experience building distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and cloud based application architectures
- Have an understanding of – or implementation experience in – building Twelve-Factor applications, and using Domain Driven Design
- You are a Java expert, with experience and familiarity building modern Spring applications with Spring Boot; you have a strong background with Spring and related projects
- Experience building enterprise applications, including integration with COTS systems
- You are an Agile practitioner, familiar with extreme programming, test driven development, pairing, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and related techniques
- 8+ years of software development experience
- You are a polyglot programmer (you might have used JavaEE, C#, Go, etc.)
- Experience integrating with Netflix OSS components (Eureka, Hystrix, Ribbon, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud Foundry