Currently we are looking for a Java Solution Architect for our Emeryville, CA office to make the team even stronger.
EPAM, a leading global software engineering and IT consulting provider, is seeking to hire a hands-on and experienced Solution Architect (Java) to work on our customer’s business critical application - a scalable cloud-based librarian solution.
As a Solution Architect, you will participate in the design of solutions for a large enterprise, drive thearchitectureanalysis, design, and implementation.
- Design large-scale solutions;
- Work directly with customers during solution architecture design or solution implementation activities and provide professional consulting;
- Be responsible for defining functional and non-functional requirements for projects and incorporate them into the end products delivered to the customer;
- Participate in customer’s workshops and presentation of the proposed solution;
- Collaborate and contribute as an expert to different competency centers inside EPAM to generate the most value from existing company expertise;
- Create solution architecture document on good level with deep technical details;
- Work closely with business in identifying solution requirements and key case-studies/scenarios for the future solution;
- Conduct solution architecture review/audit and create review/auditreport;
- Lead implementation of the solution from establishing project requirements and goals to solution "go-live";
- Oversee the development efforts and provide technical help as needed;
- Participate in the full cycle of pre-sale activities: direct communications with potential customers, RFP processing, the development of proposals for implementation and design of the solution, presentation for proposed solution architecture to customer, participation in meetings with customer representatives;
- Maintain a strong understanding of industry trends and best practices.
- Have a firm understanding of web application architectures, web services architectures, relational and non-relational data storages specific, web application front-end and/or back-end architecture, solution cross-cutting concerns (security, monitoring, caching, etc.);
- Strong understanding of architectural styles, enterprise architecture patterns, integration patterns and development patterns;
- Understanding of performance issues and approach them systematically;
- At least 7 years’ experience in hands-on development of solutions of different nature (web applications, web services, desktop applications, native mobile applications) on J2EE;
- Strong background in using various libraries, frameworks and patterns in a particular technology stack;
- Solid skills in developing relational and non-relational data storages;
- Strong background in design and implementation of external services integrations (using REST, SOAP and/or ESB);
- At least 3 years' experience in direct customer communications;
- Strong experience with multiple full lifecycle software development processes, approaches and methods;
- Strong expertise in Java, Spring, JS, High performance & scalable solutions;
- Strong expertise in development and delivery complex integrated solutions in enterprise, ability to work in a team as a tech lead, architect;
- Knowledge of Ajax, Swing expertise would be a plus;
- Strong expertise in C++ would be a plus;
- Excellent communications skills and ability to communicate with customer representatives on any topic.