WellSky is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team in supporting our Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) product. Which supports coordinated entry, tracking outcomes, raises awareness through insights, and manages funding with our comprehensive system. WellSky engineers touch the lives of real people navigating life and death issues with the support of our solutions. We seek to build purpose-driven teams where comradery and compassion are coupled with a dogged pursuit of excellence. Bring passion, creativity and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
A day in the life!
You will be responsible for the following:
- You’ll be instrumental in writing, debugging and deploying high-quality software using established coding standards and development best practices
- You’ll be responsible for testing software to ensure quality and alignment to standards and best practices
- Write unit tests, automated tests, and performance tests as needed to ensure quality, supporting general debugging and isolating areas for improvement.
- Review appropriate documentation such as implementation manuals, support manuals/playbooks, performance testing guidelines, etc. as needed to run/support the software.
- Proactively identify and propose new, alternative technology in order to create scalable implementations and achieve delivery results.
- Respond quickly and effectively to production issues and take responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution.
- Provide technical guidance and support to a vibrant engineering team
- Your mission will be to create easy to use, powerful, cloud-based solutions which allow providers to focus on what they do best – mange patient outcomes.
Do you have what it takes?
So, let’s talk about you. Are you a self-starting, upbeat individual with solid written and interpersonal skill, who is an excellent teammate, but not afraid to question assumptions and take initiative? You will apply innovative methods to develop core SaaS solutions fueled with object-oriented design practices for the Community Services product suite. You will monitor the progress of performance and apply new concepts and/or principals to address any problems as needed. To be successful in this role, you must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced agile environment while maintaining good communication with leadership and team members.
- At least 4+ years of experience designing and implementing high performance distributed systems and solving complex problems in this space.
- Experience with development skills: Java back-end (i.e. REST API, (Micro)Services, Python, PostgreSQL etc.)
- Experience with Front-end (i.e. TypeScript, Angular, CSS, etc.) design and programming technologies.
- Experience working with cloud technologies - AWS
- Experience and enjoy working in an Agile environment.
Do you stand above the rest?
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent?
- A True Team Player.
- Understand what it takes to write software that is used by thousands or millions of people.
- You believe in automation and writing tests for your own code as a way of maintaining high quality in your products. You love writing things that are robust, scalable, and perform well.
- You are not afraid to fail fast.
- Highly Technical and Relentlessly High Standards.
- Design isn't an afterthought to you.
- Avid advocate of Continuous Delivery / Deployment.
- Take initiative and drive your projects to success.
- Enjoy collaborating, learning from or teaching others so we can all become better developers.
Who We Are:
- We have an open environment where highly motivated, ambitious engineers can help drive innovation.
- We include a diverse group of collaborative & super intelligent teammates to work with and learn from.
- We constantly strive to solve large scale challenges with a variety of technologies.
- We strongly support a work/life balance.
- We believe in giving recognition for doing what you enjoy.