The Hartford’s Middle Market team is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, results-driven Application Developer to support Invest and maintenance projects. The ideal candidate will be responsible for technical delivery of system design and development and/or collaboration with software vendors and other teams on development initiatives.
Working closely with The Hartford’s data warehouse, and other Middle Market application teams, our Sourcing partners and software vendors the Java Developer will ensure detailed analysis as well as identifying maintainable, sustainable solutions and complete delivery within tight timeframes.
A rewarding career with The Hartford allows you to work with exceptional people in a strong, stable, growing environment at a leading Fortune 500 company, with over 200 years of expertise in property & casualty Insurance, group benefits & mutual funds.
- Develop code that conforms to The Hartford coding standards and industry best practices
- Works closely with stakeholders, software vendor and across teams to design, develop, implement and document automation solutions that align with the business needs and also consistent with the architectural vision
- Function as subject matter expert and advocate for the software applications supported. Requires depth and breadth of knowledge of the business, technologies, application integration and interfaces
- Responsible for the quality and completeness of detailed technical specifications, solution designs, and code reviews as well as adherence to non-functional requirements.
- Proactively assesses technical issues and risks that could impact project schedule and/or budget
- Debug and troubleshoot defects and production incidents and/or collaborate with software vendor and business stakeholders to develop sustainable solutions to application issues, defects and business problems to ensure prompt and appropriate resolution of defects and ensure root cause identification and resolution
- Provide innovative ideas and process optimization solutions
- · Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- · At least 3+ years of experience developing web based Java/J2EE applications
- · Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- · Strong understanding of Object Oriented design and methodologies
- · Familiar with SDLC and Agile methodology
- · Experience in building continuous integration pipelines using DevOps tools
- · Experience working on development and maintenance teams
- · Hands-on experience, working knowledge and strong technical skills in the following technologies:
- o Java/J2EE
- o Application Server like WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss
- o SOAP and RESTful Web Services
- o Web related technologies, JSF, JSP, CSS and Servlets
- o XML, XSD
- o Jenkins/Nexus, Maven or similar build and deployment tool
- o Database technologies such as Oracle, SQL, JPA
- o MQ
- o Source Code version tools such as Github, Subversion
- o SSL/TLS security
- o LDAP
- o Unix, Linux experience - helpful